Will a run-off ruin Parabolica?

Did someone mention sausage? :p

sausage-v.SM.jpg

You know what, I don't care overall.
Ever since I saw speed trap figures from the first Bahrain test, I was hoping to see the lap-record broken at Monza. And if tarmac runoff at Parabolica means the drivers feel like they can extract an extra tenth out of their lap, I'm all for it!

You know what, I don't care overall.
Ever since I saw speed trap figures from the first Bahrain test, I was hoping to see the lap-record broken at Monza. And if tarmac runoff at Parabolica means the drivers feel like they can extract an extra tenth out of their lap, I'm all for it!
No record this year. Next year with teams having learnt even more, maybe, but not in 2014 :)

This run-off area will be a Godsend or an absolute PITA for drivers... depending on the type of failure.
If the driver has a brake failure on entry to Parabolica, it won't be good as it will get him much closer to the fence at much higher speed prior to impact.
The other side of the coin is if he misjudges a braking point at the entry, it gives him more of a chance to correct, without getting 'beached' in the sand trap and taking him out of the race.
Personally, there is no right or wrong. It is what it is and we'll just have to get used to it.

This run-off area will be a Godsend or an absolute PITA for drivers... depending on the type of failure.
If the driver has a brake failure, it won't be good at it will get him much closer to the fence at much higher speed prior to impact.
The other side of the coin is if he misjudges a braking point at the entry, it gives him more of a chance to correct, without getting 'beached' in the sand trap and taking him out of the race.
Personally, there is no right or wrong. It is what it is and we'll just have to get used to it.
With a brake failure, I don't think gravel or tarmac will have much of an effect. If anything it'll not pitch them into a roll much earlier if something goes wrong.

I beg to differ.
As long as the car is not airborne or skipping, the gravel will slow it down quite a bit...much more so than asphalt.
It's a multi-series track so one solution won't work for all.
We'll get used to it.
Over the years, we've seen lots of cars 'beached' at that corner without getting anywhere near the fence.
Most of those cars approached that corner at massive speeds and while control braking reduced some of the speed on entry, most were still doing massive numbers when they lost the car and went into the trap. That speaks to the arresting ability of the sand trap there.

Last edited:
So, I was randomly wandering around RD when I unfortunately stumbled upon the "will the Parabolica be ruined" thread. I was shocked to discover that many people didn't mind the vandalism that occurred, and that a few more actually approved of it!

Look, I'm no alien, but I sim-race a lot, and if you know even a little about F1, then you'll know that if you put slightly more throttle than perfect at the exit of that corner you're out, and if you do it perfectly you get an orgasm. Now there is simply no skill involved (and thus no orgasms).

And people are still watching F1! Seriously guys? You're watching a championship where cars are shaped like penises and vacuum cleaners, the outcome of which will possibly be decided by blind luck. Can someone please point out where the "pinnacle of motorsport" is? I can't seem to find it. The WEC might as well be the pinnacle; it's more creative, more interesting, and the cars are ****ing pretty. I hope this video will convince some people to stop watching F1 and at least wait until the Double Points rule is revised in 2015.
(like I do)

Remember anyone?

Look, I know it looks like I'm just insulting people, and I understand that I will be hated for this to a degree, but I'm genuinely interested. Believe me, I love F1 as much as you do, but I don't think this is it. Am I the only one that wants a sport and not a show?!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back