1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why the fake wet reflections ?

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Tobbe Bergman, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I always thought the wet reflections on especially tarmac looked odd and when the German stages came along it was obvious that the reflections aren't real but in fact just a generic image (looks like two huge trees upside down) reflected onto the tarmac.

This doesn't feel like it belongs in a modern Sim does it ?

I really hope it's just a temporary solution though !

What's your thought on this ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  2. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

3. My thoughts are that the devs ought to focus on more important things than graphics.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

I think they look really good at the moment and far better than any other rally Sim. Best they concentrate on the more important aspects of a rallye sim in my opinion and not little bits of frilly icing on the cake.
  5. xnorb

Premium Member

If it's the same after release, i'd bring it up again :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I personally think it looks great, especially on the German tracks.
    Was on one and it wasn't raining, but the tarmac still had the wetlook, like it had just finished raining. Was nice.

Better to have general environment mapping than losing massive amounts of FPS to realtime generated reflection maps.
    Unless of course you only play games to stop and look at the reflections in puddles. To each their own I guess. :)
  7. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

You just had to write that, didn't you ?

Why are you even here ?
    If you haven't got anything useful to say, <snip> just say nothing

Please troll somewhere else OK

Mod edited
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  8. Do you not think they will have different teams working on all aspects of the game? I'm sure the graphics team are not hindering what the physics guys are doing.
    • Haha Haha x 1