Why only a few are interested in nKpro racing club races?

I am really missing nKpro as I feel it's a great sim. Races can be really fun, heaps of tracks and the cars feel great.

As you all know, online community to just jump on a server and race is always almost nil.

And I have noticed that even in RD club races, the interest is very low!

So, I must ask...why such a low interest in nKpro? I am curious to know why only a few take part?

Cheers

Yeah, I agree that it will be difficult to implement it as a general portal for ALL events from different communities.

I was thinking more on the lines for "Quick races", were people can see what others feel like racing and join for a quick event.

I was thinking more on the lines for "Quick races", were people can see what others feel like racing and join for a quick event.

It all depends on how you want to do it ... if you want to do it in a single community or having your own servers i think it can be donne ... all you need is the servers and coding skills (wich unfortunatly i dont have)... but if you want to work with different servers in different communities and put it all in one portal (even if its just for quick races) i think the best you will achive is to have a list of the servers and see how many people is online with server status ... either way you need someone with coding skills available to do it ... my advice its to start from there and see what can be donne on the technical side ... talk to communities administrators to see what you can or not do ... and most important find someone with good coding skills... from there you can elaborate a project and present to others (since you dont feel like doing it alone)

about racing online, I downloaded Monza RSR, since a few server where offering racing on it. Even one with the lamborghini. I have not been able to install it as I did with many other. There is a .exe file it is asking to execute in root NetKar folder, so far so good, but then it is asking for gtr cd!!!!
What am I missing?

I dunno m8, just trying to point out what it MIGHT be, I have no idea what you have been installing. :p
But maybe someone with more experience in modding/mods can come along and say if a mod with CD Check will have it's own .exe file included, it sounds likely to me but again I don't know.

Yeah, I agree that it will be difficult to implement it as a general portal for ALL events from different communities.

I think your idea is great! Since starting in racing games online I would like to share my ideas.

iRacing is probably not started with hundreds of players at the start. So, despite the high cost, the feeling of driving on ice (for some), the unjust system to another. What attracts so many players?

For me, the most important is to play with players of my caliber. When I play online games and another there a huge gap between me and another (I know I'm not very fast!) I immediately wonder if it's hacked. What makes me want to go back to iRacing.

Another point. ease to connect with iRacing, no brainer, let me explain .... When I connect with another game and the circuit and the type of car that interests me request a password from another website that I am not registered, and although I still disconnects ...

I think the new feature RaceLog on the Site is a great improvement and I wish to congratulate and thank those who have them will and initiative to introduce this feature.

I would be in favor of paying a small fee to have a secure and structured server to play without hackers.

Hello together, first of all.

Reading through your words, and feel almost the same, but as a complete Newcomer...

I was searching across the Internet because i got nKPro racing today (DVD Version with all the Mods and so), and after doing some hours of learning how to drive, i must also say that i am very impressed. But i also feel that as a Rookie, with a just a Gamepad, i would not stand a Chance with those how played it for a few months or even years, as some leagues do.

So, what i am missing is some sort of easy acces to a "Rookie League" or "Open practice session", maybe just with the Fiat 500 Abarth, but i don't find it. I could try to join the Open Wheel Leage from Radiators Champ, they seem to be active and they were a few People in the Forum; but the season is over and by looking at their lap times with the KS2... no way for me, not yet.

On another Forum, i found active races but i could not connect to the Servers, None of them, that maybe my Computers fault ?

I was looking here:

http://www.radiators-champ.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=71

A second thought, but i don't know if that works, is it possible to do mixed raced, so you could have separate classes, like on the 24 hour race on 24 H Nurburging ?

Otherwise, i am sure to have some fun with practicing for better lap times, but the Goal would be some nice races with other peope, sharing this Passion for racing virtually. But it seems like everbody is waiting for the upcoming Asseto Corsa...

Cheers and safe roads,
Tom

Worth buying if you intend on hotlapping offline primarily, not much online activity.
So just to make sure I've got this right, since the developer, Kunos in this case, choose to label their release as a "early access" releas, stating it's a unfinished product and giving you a discount, you feel used like a guinea pig?
I guess it'd be better if they'd just release a half finished product and calling it full release with the extra features coming as DLC later on like every other developer, even big shots like Dice and EA seem to be doing these days.
/sarcasm

Worth buying if you intend on hotlapping offline primarily, not much online activity.
So just to make sure I've got this right, since the developer, Kunos in this case, choose to label their release as a "early access" releas, stating it's a unfinished product and giving you a discount, you feel used like a guinea pig?
I guess it'd be better if they'd just release a half finished product and calling it full release with the extra features coming as DLC later on like every other developer, even big shots like Dice and EA seem to be doing these days.
/sarcasm

Why can't they finish the game and release it? or release a free beta then I don't mind paying for a finished product. Yes this seems to be the way of games now days but you wouldn't buy a car with no wheels would you. So Netkar is decent for single player?

AC has tons of wheels, and it's not like anyone is forcing you to buy, if you don't like buying a unfinished product then just don't, no need to be negative about the fact that those who actually don't mind get the opportunity to do so is there?
Why can't they finish it? They can, but it takes time when your development team is 8-10 people, cut them some slack will you.
Maybe they needed to get some cash into the company to pay the guys some salary so they can buy presents for their family this xmas? I don't know the specific reason why they chose to do as they did, but I'm sure as hell not gonna complain about getting more options, as I said if you don't like it just don't buy it, no need to be negative about it.

It's great for hotlapping but there's no AI so if you want single player racing with AI you're out of luck sadly. But it has some bonkers physics and FFB, I totally LOVE driving some of the cars in there even if it's just offline hotlapping.

I'm not being negative, but If this were any other type of product, you wouldn't stand for it surely! You're paying them to test their product! I did it with Arma 3, paid for the alpha build and decided it's just not worth it in my opinion. Anyway, If there is no AI in netkar then I won't bother with that either.

Yes I would stand it, it's my own choice as a human being and a grown up to decide whether I want to use my money on early access or not, I chose to do so and I will again in the future.
Actually, I HAVE bought a car, full price, which was not done until 6 months later, so I HAVE stood for it already ;)

Is this game still active? I know people are buying AC but I'm fed up of paying out for Beta's. Developers should finish the bloody games instead of using me as a guinea pig!!! Is Netkar worth buying?

Cheers

I'm not being negative, but If this were any other type of product, you wouldn't stand for it surely! You're paying them to test their product! I did it with Arma 3, paid for the alpha build and decided it's just not worth it in my opinion. Anyway, If there is no AI in netkar then I won't bother with that either.

Why can't they finish the game and release it? or release a free beta then I don't mind paying for a finished product. Yes this seems to be the way of games now days but you wouldn't buy a car with no wheels would you. So Netkar is decent for single player?

Where in my posts do I say what you should and shouldn't do with your money? I was merely stating my own views on companies trying to fleece money out of customers before a final product is released.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 107 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 81 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 54 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 112 13.4%