Why is Windows such a pain in the ass? Upgrading to 64 bit!?

Ok, So I ordered a new motherboard with 12GB RAM the other day but obviously with my current Windows 7 32 bit OS I can only use something like 3GB of it. I still have access to my MSDN account which gives me free legal copies of Microsoft software, but I'm having so much trouble burning the disc images onto a disc so I can actually install the new OS.

I get halfway through burning the disc using the Windows burner, but it then says it encounters an error and didn't burn properly. I restart though and it still manages to boot the CD, get halfway through the installation and then come up with an error. I tried downloading Astroburn Lite but as soon as I launch the program its minimised instantly for some unknown reason and I can't use it at all. I tried just putting the ISO file on a CD so I can burn it to a disc from my laptop (Astroburn seems to work on my laptop) but it wouldn't even manage to do that.

Basically, I've got mega pissed off and given up trying tonight and don't know what else to do! How do I properly use an operating system ISO file to get 64 bit on my PC?

Try taking all the ram out and only leave 2Gb in and try then?
At least you should be able to install windows7 32 fully + drivers, then it might do the full burn of the iso disc.

I am not saying for fact it will work but its worth a try!

try using something like Nero to burn the ISO to a blank disk. If that still gives errors it might help to report the exact error you are getting, for instance buffer under run or something like that. This way we might be able to help determine if the issue is the OS, the burning software or possibly the hardware you are using.

Burning ISO's is usually straight forward unless there is copy protection on the ISO which doesn't usually happen.

what writer are you using? Try to write an ordinary CD, it could be your hardware at fault. If not, then as above, try a different program, chances are it's the program at fault, or it could be registry or driver issues, but that means wasting time trying to fix what your about to remove lol.

The problem with trying to run from the extracted files is that you can't install a 64 bit OS on top of a 32 bit OS, you have to boot from the media you plan to install from.

Ashampoo Burning Studio https://www.ashampoo.com/uk/gbp/pin/2610/Burning_Software/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-10 I use it to burn and wipe rewritable disk I've burned plenty of .ISO files including windows plus you can always boot from a flash drive ie. USB stick something I've done http://downloadsquad.switched.com/2...b-installer-for-windows-xp-vista-7-with-wint/

Good luck plus installing from USB is alot quicker you will have to enter your Bios to allow booting from USB in some if not all cases good luck...

Regards
Gaming since 1982

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back