1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Why is this GTA forum even here?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto V' started by Ricoow, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Just a regular question, cus it is me not seeing the "Sim Racing Game" in GTA V :p
    I am still waiting for its PC release and I already love the game, played it at PS3 at my friends home. The Pre-Order is just waiting to be delivered in my mailbox and get activated at my Steam account!
    It is not that I want the forum gone, I think it would be great if we could organise street races, heists etc here with RD Friends but it just feels weird to see GTA V under Sim Racing Games :p

2. F1 2014 is also here... :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 6
  3. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

I was thinking the exact same thing what does GTA have to do with simulations lol :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Heh heh, what is this?
    Looking desperate for clicks, Bram.

I propose the following, in the spirit of helping out:

1DDepartment.com
    CherylFernandezVersiniDepartment.com
    Dota2Department.com
    ObamaDepartment.com

I own all of these domains and am open to negotiation.
    Hit me up, hun.

5. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

What the f-?

6. Real life world simulation maybe?

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

And what game converted you into a simracer?

@Ricardo Umans we facilitated Test Drive Unlimited as well and many had a great online racing experience with it. With GTA V we can do the same.

@Namgung Joong-Ki keep on trolling m8, suits you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Grand Prix 4. Rfactor had more to do with it though, but GP4 was the start of my fascination, and the reason I got my first wheel. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Ahhh k, thanks for explaining, as I said before. I am waiting unpatiently for it to release and I don't mind it here! :)
    Grand Prix 3 did it for me, although I was only 7 or 8 back then :p After that F1 2001 which got me my first wheel for my 10th b-day :p
    Love those old games :)

10. Bram

Bram

same here :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Already pre-ordered?

12. Bram

Bram

Nope, I don't do pre-orders :)

13. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

14. airutonpurosuto8912

airutonpurosuto8912
    needforspeedgamer

I think because GTA V will be moddable for PC next year, that's why it's here :p

15. I just hope its first release will be smoother than GTA IV was. Hard enough not to choose PS4 version this month but waiting two months longer ...

Played it on 360 had fun but the aliasing and low-res textures were just damn ugly.

16. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

I just love the first person trailer :D

17. This game is not a sim

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

Maybe the category Sim Racing Games is wrong, but to start a whole new category called Other Community Games or whatever is rather pointless considering that we will be adding just GTA V. Only when we start building a community with multiple different games then we could have a seperate category. I do however remember a startup that never really made it in 2010/2011 (?) called PlayDepartment but it never took off.

19. I think thats a great idea.... since this website is for real plus sim racers,
    its obviously who ever decided to add GTA5 is a big fun, dont get me wrong i had a nice time with BUT, i dont have any clue its in here.... i would like to see other games if we had to instead....(Test Driver Unlimited 2 for example)
    GTA5 i cant see anything to do with sim racing!

My opinion though

20. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

I get your opinion and I support it, but as I also said the startup they tried failed miserably as far as I am concerned.
    TDU2 was a decent game but it has died ( too early IMO), I'm not hearing anybody about it anymore.
    The only thing we could try to get running is a seperate category on this forum, but then again what games to include? You will have some DOTA players, TF2 players, COD, BF, Counter-Strike, Far Cry, Indies etc etc etc.
    Its not just something to setup quickly ;) Also take in consideration that monitoring a **** load of new forums would also require a **** load of new staff members, which is hell to select :p
    GTA V still is a great game, which includes a lot of driving and fun for a community and it should not be removed from the forums either. It could bring some people in this community (from different games as well) closer together which, I think, is the target of RD. Building a strong and nice community

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1