FM4 Why is this game anti PC?

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
I got this off another site, sounds feasable.

Re: Why there is no PC version?

Different chip architectures. The PC is an x86/x64 bit platform and the XBOX is a PowerPC 970. It requires a completely different compiler to get it done for the PC, then you have to worry about having all the different sliders to adjust LOD for folks with different powered PC's. It becomes a real problem if you, as a developer, have a vision of how you want players to experience your work. With the 360, they know exactly what hardware they are coding for and that it will be uniform across the platform.
There is no doubt that modern PC's could most likely run FM, but the work required and the compromises they would have to make in the UI and such are in my mind both cost and creativity prohibitive.

• Richard Lovewell

I see your point, but Forza has always been Xbox only. Why is there no GT5 for PC either?

I don't really have a problem with some games being cross-platform and others being single platform...and Xbox owners don't seem to complain about Microsoft Office not being available for the Xbox :)

Very political correct answer they gave there Hiroshi.

GT5 and Forza developers are so tight with Sony and Microsoft that they only develop for their respective consoles to push the hardware sales I think.

How many people are buying an Xbox or PS3 just to play those two game. Bingo :)

I have an xbox slim but only ever bought 1 game and now i cant remember what taht game is :( its about cowboys and cow girls riding horses and shooting each other. Oh i remember now Red Read Redemption.

I will never buy an xbox game the product is inferior. Our 12 year old daughter doesn't even touch it unless it's her Alienware PC.

These are our Alienware Computers:

Before you start on the rage against Alienware I wont read any negative posts :)

On Steam you can click on the Alianwere Area-51 Alx. I clicked on it and added a few upgrades and the reccomended by Alainwere, verry soon i had run out of slots not being able to even have a sound card. With only the tower (no monitor) id just got the total to $7,053,00.
And then we get to a screen that says "select my avatar and oc customization" ... You get a choice of 9... i clicked on another and a box pops up telling me, ERROR you are only allowed to select 1 theme.....IM sorry but if im about to spend 7000 bucks on a pc i would expect to get all of it. And it goes on.... if i get a full set up i will spent over $10,000 ........ its a nice little game to play if you have 5mins spare, it beats trying to jump out of a pool..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back