PC1 why is the pCARS forum buried?

Nothing wrong with labeling. Some games are simply not a realistic simulation racing experience.

Does that make them bad? Not at all.

Just to give an example. Toca Race Driver 2 is the game I have logged the most hours on online ever. No other game in the future will make me spend so many hours behind a monitor :)

Simulation? Not at all. Fun? Absolutely.

Would still be playing it if CM decided to re-release it with dedicated server support.

Problem is I could on many levels argue that other sims including those regarded at the top are not a realistic simulation racing experience. Where one falls shorter in an area it gains in another.

it's when some people use a term to be dismissive it then becomes something bad.

As you point out the problem is that some people want to argue about it while other simply don't care what people think and enjoy their games.

So labeling Metallica as heavy metal fuels elitism? It might be that I'm mentally challenged but I don't understand why a label to define a game within a genre has to be something that belittles it.

ok so labelling in itself doesn't but misuse of labelling causes eliteism, when it is used by others to put another game (or whatever) down. i.e. Andy Jackson doing his usual tricks and calling Metallica "pop", the label "pop" is not a bad label (well...hehehe some would argue that!), but I clearly think that you are not mentally challenged enough to even remotely think Metallica are "pop". He used it as a dismissive insult, which is what he does. And like it or not "simcade" has become a label in the armoury of the likes of Andy Jackson.

As you point out the problem is that some people want to argue about it while other simply don't care what people think and enjoy their games.

The fact that some people care or don't care is moot, some people don't care about a lot of things, doesn't mean that those things should be ignored and discussed and debated.

also I know I've used the word "arguing" but I think that in the main this has been a "discussion".

well as you say, enjoying games is the key and "The Witcher 2 enhanced edition" has just finished downloading so I'm off for a play. :)

What I don't understand is why you keep reporting other people's posts as being an insult while you never report your own posts :) #103

Maybe you should stop caring what one person thinks, who clearly is not agreeing with you and never will.

Some of you guys can carry on for 20 pages and even then you will not reach consensus. If you cant stand each other here are three options to solve your problems for ever.
  1. Click the username of the person who's opinion you can't stand and hit the "ignore" button and carry on, or
  2. Click the username of the person who's opinion you can't stand and hit the "ignore" button and carry on, or
  3. Click the username of the person who's opinion you can't stand and hit the "ignore" button and carry on.

• Deleted member 151827

I agree that people can be ignored. Sometimes a lot of people come off that there is no other opinion but theirs. That's a problem today. We all know the old saying......People are like a** holes....everyone has one. :)

Never tried FVA, a shame but I need more bang per buck to get my wallet out and dust off the cobwebs!!

FWIW, it's probably as cheap as chips now, but bear in mind it's only hotlapping and the online timing is no longer active....as such, it's probably not worth buying, it's just a shame that a bigger game wasn't built around FVA's driving model and FFB.

Do you honestly think that is a fair and unbiased reflection of the coding of the physics engine?

I honestly don't consider pcars a sim, nor do I care that much about this game, ie, WMD priority should be a good racing game, I've got enough sims to last me an eternity.

My main beef is trying to slot simcade games into sim territory at the risk of the sim genre disappearing.

As for the subjective aspect of this discussion, I think that only refers to where each genuine sim lands on a scale of 1-10 based on the driving/FFB model{which to me is the most important part}, so even "if" I think some of iracings cars are a bit slippery, it doesn't change the fact that the driving model and FFB are very good.....that said, iracing is getting grippier every 6-12months, lol.

While I found FVA to be a nice evolution from NKP in terms of graphics, I didn't feel it was much better in FFB. Overall, FVA lacked too many features. AC on the other hand, is as good or even better than FVA in every way. Interestingly, while many complained about high grip levels early on, many complain about the grip being too low after recent updates - at least in terms of under-steer.

I find iRacing FFB to be very lacking in the area of communicating the finer details that I get in AC, actually - that's probably the case with just about every title now. In AC, I can tell exactly which tire is on the edge of loosing grip by combining the FFB with tire sound feedback, far better, than in any other title. rF2 probably comes the closest to AC but, only in certain cars. iRacing does many things really well but, the driving experience just doesn't match that of AC for me.

Pcars seems to have very good underlying physics but, is still lacking in the FFB. It does seem to be slowly improving though. I wish it could drive like AC for me but, it's hard to say where it is going to end up until most or all of the missing pieces are in place. So much of how a sim feels comes from a combination of things, sight, sound and FFB. When all those things work in harmony, it's so much more immersive and satisfying.

Just to give an example. Toca Race Driver 2 is the game I have logged the most hours on online ever. No other game in the future will make me spend so many hours behind a monitor :)

Simulation? Not at all. Fun? Absolutely.

Yes great fun indeed, I also logged a few hours too many in this and the Shift series was also like this for me, fun. Looking at this video for me is like looking at a less polished, lower resolution version of another fun game, Pcars. That's all it will be in my opinion too. Fun.

ps, Bram, as you know, I don't report Damage's posts, that would be childish but I gather he seems fond of doing so to others. I'll try to ignore his rude comments and not respond directly to him.

@Andy Jackson don't act holier than the pope as you are far from mature, you proof that day after day but yet you are smart enough to stay within the boundaries.

But the moment, and that day will come, you'll cross the line you'll notice it.
th_2180_hiding_behind_a_couch.gif

So instead of keep feeding this childish discussion, man up and go do something useful.

What I don't understand is why you keep reporting other people's posts as being an insult while you never report your own posts :) #103

Maybe you should stop caring what one person thinks, who clearly is not agreeing with you and never will.

Some of you guys can carry on for 20 pages and even then you will not reach consensus. If you cant stand each other here are three options to solve your problems for ever.
  1. Click the username of the person who's opinion you can't stand and hit the "ignore" button and carry on, or
  2. Click the username of the person who's opinion you can't stand and hit the "ignore" button and carry on, or
  3. Click the username of the person who's opinion you can't stand and hit the "ignore" button and carry on.

I'll report my own post if you could highlight the insult in that post. As far as I'm aware there is no insults just an observation of Andy's behaviour which you yourself are aware of, so if you want me to report my post then you should surely report your post #113.

Well by calling this discussion childish you have insulted me, pointless complaining to a biased mod. And seeing as you clearly don't think Andy's trolling is worth censuring I am considering complaining to Reiza and asking them why they associate themselves with a site that tacitly approves of trolls, because if you didn't he would be censured. Just what sort of line does he have to cross? Clearly you do nothing to control him. So once again Andy wins and drags a discussion into the mire and you let him...slow clap...well done.

Everyone knows the regular trolls by now. Little point in discussing anything, so just ignore, they feed on attention and mutual stroking.
It's automatic by now; see avatar, recognize avatar as troll, hand automatically scrolls further down.

EDIT: I like it when people recognize themselves in that description, and click 'disagree' :D

Last edited:
Message understood Bram. Off to do other things as instructed. All I have ever done though is express my dislike of the game. I don't call names, I don't insult the forum mods. I am extremely immature though, just all of us big kids that play games. I detest internet bullies too but hey ho. Life goes on.

Fill your boots Damage Messiah or whoever you are. :rolleyes::whistling:

An excellent qualitative experience. Seems a fair, honest comparison and nicely done.

Yep, I just did the same test myself, and unfortunately have to agree with pcars having wonky physics and FFB, though part of the problem is there's so much pendulum effect, that it's no wonder the cars don't feel right and the FFB struggles to maintain fulltime contact.

AC is in another league.

Yep, I just did the same test myself, and unfortunately have to agree with pcars having wonky physics and FFB, though part of the problem is there's so much pendulum effect, that it's no wonder the cars don't feel right and the FFB struggles to maintain fulltime contact.

AC is in another league.

I would love to agree with you David but if I do, I get set upon.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%