Why is Race07 better than Raceroom!

Msportdan

@Simberia
Disclaimer: this may upset many people.

Ive just installed this after many years of playing newer sims. I expected it to look old, have crap ffb, and handling,plus awful AI!

Damn how was I wrong. This imho is better than most new sims out there bar GSC and rf2 and even then its not far behind! How comes features in Race07 cant be put into these new games.!

I'm actually in a state of shock with race07. I just did a back to back with the r8 in Race07 at zandvoort and the same in Raceroom. Race07 makes RR feel arcade and I'm not frickin kiddin' Graphics aside yes but everything else. damn I'm impressed simbin. that's a classic sim.

But as much as I want to keep it on my hd, I'm strapped for space and time to play all these great sims. I remember back in the day all the trackgdb edits u used to do to get the ai to work etc. Now I just haven't the time. Most new sims however do fix these old issues.

With ams just round the corner I'm not sure if getting back into race07 will be worth it. As much as its a classic sim. I just haven't the time for RF2, AMS, RRE and race07.

But as much as I want to keep it on my hd, I'm strapped for space and time to play all these great sims. I remember back in the day all the trackgdb edits u used to do to get the ai to work etc. Now I just haven't the time. Most new sims however do fix these old issues.

With ams just round the corner I'm not sure if getting back into race07 will be worth it. As much as its a classic sim. I just haven't the time for RF2, AMS, RRE and race07.

I've been into the racing sims for 3yrs now and have most titles out there. With that being said , I bought the entire simbin package deal with like 12 or so race sims , including Race 07.....and I haven't never even tried it yet. It's that good huh? Sure have seen a lot of praise of that sim a lot lately.

Oh holy hell. I have had this sim for probably 2yrs and never touched it because A ) I have been so swept up in the GSCE , RF2 , AC , Iracing , RRE and PC , I haven't paid much attention to the older titles. I'm going to jump on this one asap and get myself some good mods and have some fun. Just watching some youtube videos....and now I'm pissed at myself , for owning this gem , and I never tried it! UUHHGG!!

you don`t really need mods ... since you have expansions you have few dozens of cars in many various classes .. and lots of tracks .. Maybe GTR2 and GT Legends conversions but except tracks I had hard time to find decent mod cars.. for example not a single GT3 mod worth playing (but you have 3 GT classes in GTR Evo)

Last edited:
yep,VLM Mid Ohio, Sebring, Fuji are must have .. there are other high quality tracks I think 2-3 creators (Piquet, Meck, NeelJ, ..) are mostly guarantee of quality content .. go to nogripracing for more info
And two car mods that are spectacularly well made: MAKCorp F1 07 and MAKCorpCart Indycar ... those are I woud say better than Simbin Formula Raceroom

Similar story for me. Got Race 07 + some expansions a couple of years ago. My setup/ gpu didn't like it much so after a computer upgrade it did not get reinstalled. and the dvd's got stored 'somewhere'

Got a free steam key by mail a few months back and installed it again.
Really love it now. Got a large projector setup and must say that Race 07 is more immersive on that setup than any of other the other sims I got.

I like Mods but there are so much content in just Race 07 / Evo that it can keep me busy for a very long time.
So another +1 for Race 07.

i started playing again, but some of the AI issues stopped me after a while. Like pitting on last lap for full, using slicks in a wet start, and other silly issues, that do not appear in modern sims, and Raceroom.

i didn't think online was still alive for this title?
Watch this space for a "Coming Soon" event.
Don't ask any more questions if I tell you I'd have to kill you:ninja:
In the meantime if you want to use it offline then just go to your player file in my docs
Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\your name
and 'find' AI Additional Fuel Mult="1.00000" // Additional fuel multiplier for AIs because of their driving style
Lower that for AI to use less fuel so they don't need to pit unless it's an endurance race you'll need a bit of trial and error. 0.90000 is what I use.
You will need to put it back to normal I think for online.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back