• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

why is it so hard on a wheel compared to all the other race games

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 7' started by captain_manering, Nov 10, 2017.

1. captain_manering

captain_manering
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3
    as per title. I started using a g27 and just couldn't drive it the dead zone was massive and ruined the game so i brought a thrustmaster tx wheel hoping it to be better but im still hating it on a wheel and i have gone back to a pad on the console rather than the pc version.

Am i the only one who has wheel issues?

2. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce
    Stercus accidit Premium

Ratings:
    +575
    It's designed for the pad...

3. MapoUK

MapoUK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    No issues here on the PC with a TX wheel, but the default wheel settings in game are terrible!

I'm using 75%, FFB and 900 degrees in TM Control panel and in game I've got:

FFB 100
    Vibration 100
    Sensitivity 100
    Linearity 50
    Understeer 110
    Min Force 110
    Damper 2
    Spring 0

Hope this helps a little!

4. MapoUK

MapoUK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    You should also make sure your steering axis deadzones are set to 0 inside and 100 outside, all of my deadzones are at 0 inside and 100 outside except clutch which is 0 inside and 75 outside.

Sorry if you already have this set up correctly, just thought I'd mention it just in case it was the cause of the issue.

5. Jarno Zurev

Jarno Zurev

Ratings:
    +22
    I'm using a G27, and it works fine--no weird dead zone. There must be a setting somewhere that's giving you that.

6. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +272
    im actually surprised how good it feels on my TX.. Im quite enjoying it. Try fiddling with the settings.

7. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +474
    I agree (also a TX), not the most detailed FFB but sure beats a gamepad without any. I think it defaulted to 1% deadzone which felt terrible - at 0% the wheel feels pretty good.