Why is ISI content automatically installed, is there any way to prevent it?

I go through the workshop i delete all the oval content that i don't care for (plus other things that are totally crap) and... it's still there!!!! can't even delete it on the packages screen.

When i reinstalled recently i made sure nothing i didn't want was selected... And guess what? ISI junk keeps forcing itself into the game, they auto select themselves and f... hate it.

Ironically Studio 397 stuff behave like they should, it's just the ISI crap you can't get rid of.

Is this something to do with W10? It tends to hide stuff in Virtual Store... drives me NUTS!
Please don't shoot the messenger though, it's just a suggestion, only trying to help. I know it's frustrating, rF2 gets me ranting (eg. stupid Packages system..... WHY?) but ranting only makes things worse. :thumbsup:

I love the package system, think of it like a zip system that installs it in the right place,, that's all it is..its just about learning how it works, but its really good and does not allow for mix up like we see in rf1 at times putting cars/tracks in the wrong folders..
we are getting old and change is difficult...:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::whistling::whistling::whistling:

At first your right @Leonardo Chaves :thumbsup:, I tried every trick to get the content not to install at first try, didn't work, All the things you dont want was there Box..etc :whistling:, 30 some items comes with Base game no way around that.

But :) then I entered Steam workshop right after installing ,and started unsubscribing things again ,I only wanted a few classic cars and a few classic tracks for this test ,as you can see in video I press the Subscribed items button a few times ( to refresh ) and extra things seems to pop up :cautious: ,after that I exit Steam ( Log out ) open the game immediately after , and then it worked , I restarted the game several times to see if anything would change , I tried it on both the 1109 install and the 1109 DX 11 Open--it stayed the same.
I use some settings when downloading the game as you also can see , I dont know if that had any influence on the final outcome , the Video is long and boring but I wouldn't let anything out, I see the problem as solved now..

Anyone remember when you could do a lite install. Just the vette and line rock or something. Yeah way it is now is another rf2 disability.

For the 100th time: this has nothing to do with a disability of rF2 but the simple fact that Steam doesn't allow for a lite version of the game and a full version. Uneducated comments like yours are the reason why people often think that "rF2 is sh*t" for no valid reason. At the end there are two sides to the medal. On one hand new users will complain that the game comes with no content and that they have to subsribe to it in the workshop and on the other hand people will complain that there is alot of content installed that they will never use (mostly long time customers) - wich is the case for AC, R3E, AMS, PCars and any other racing sim. Are you going to tell me that those products have "another disability" too? I never even had a chance to chose my install methode for those games, so stop writing such nonesense.

I recently had to reinstall RF2 and it freshly subscribed to all the Content I don't want, I simply paused the Download and unsubscribed from all that and all my wanted items (I was bug testing).
But then once the base game had downloaded I noticed an RF2 Workshop download had begun...it seems it added all that unwanted stuff back into my subscribed list so I had to manually go through and unsubscribe from it all a 2nd time, a slight PITA but it didn't take more than 50seconds to do it and I then had a Vanilla Clean Install with no content apart from the GT3 Pack.

I recently had to reinstall RF2 and it freshly subscribed to all the Content I don't want, I simply paused the Download and unsubscribed from all that and all my wanted items (I was bug testing).
But then once the base game had downloaded I noticed an RF2 Workshop download had begun...it seems it added all that unwanted stuff back into my subscribed list so I had to manually go through and unsubscribe from it all a 2nd time, a slight PITA but it didn't take more than 50seconds to do it and I then had a Vanilla Clean Install with no content apart from the GT3 Pack.

When you make a fresh install, it will download most of the default content into a cache and install it automaticly as with any other game. The cache is there to make the install process faster, incase you have unsubsribed to any of the content and want to resubsribe. S397 started with their updated and new content not to autoinstall those items, wich from my perspective is not really good as it leads to the "where is my content"-syndrom for new users. But that horse has been beaten to death allready. Might be just nice to set a standard for this, but all in all it is a pretty good system wich is easy to use.

What they should is stop all the useless/crap content being installed. like the box master, quads and the rf1 car and rubbish like that.. Even if its just the new s397 content thats the base content. Still better than sifting rthrough the garbage that comes with rf2! So yeah in a lot of ppl minds rf2 is crap for that.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%