F1 2013 Why i refused to buy F1 2011 to F1 2013 ...

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaiian Guy

Banned on request
Codemaster still have not learn their lessons after 4 goes at it making the same F1 that are no different to any releases.... want people like me to buy the game then let me be part of the game .. i want to feel as if i am racing in the game i want to earn money and buy expensive equipments for my cars as i go along in my racing career.

i want to be able to customize the way i look, i want to upload my photo into the driver profile so i can look like me in the game.

If you wont let me do that then good bye to you company man ... you dont deserve my money.

This sort of games is for people who want to race in a car they can never do in real life and to make it as close as possible for my fantasy to come close is to allow me to customize the game by adding myself into the driver seats .....

I want to be able to unlock parts that will improve my cars and earn money to purchase good parts to make my car better.

This is the reason why i only race in cockpit view mode because i want to be totally in the game as me racing against the F1 best drivers :) Let me be in the game and part of the game ...

The online races are a total disaster still ... after all these years ....

Still no Audio commentary during replay mode? Oh my lazy or just cant be bothered coding that in?

Got me once in 2010 but you wont get me ever again ... lucky for you company man there are thousands of talented people that modded this game to keep it alive. Without the modders your game and company would die just like Test Drive Unlimited 2 game and Atari.

Last edited:
They will write the code etc for their main target audience and will carry on doing so, can't see that changing.

This is why we have not good photorealistic games well beyond 2014 :( that's why i'm so upset i'm nearly an old man and dying was hoping to see (after 30 years of playing computer games) photo realism games at its finest. I cant believe we are still playing with 3d cartoon characters pretending to be human and our computers still cant draw circles. Before i die i want to see changes (but it seems this fantasy is just a fantasy).

I want to be this character in the game not the cartoon version - i want photo realism.... we have the technology but they prefer profit and because of consoles we will never have this photo realism. Sadly i am getting old and dying and realising this fantasy will never come (after over 30 years of playing computer games) in my time because we are being held hostages by consoles, greed, and profit.
Sebastian_Vettel_2402092b.jpg

It's like knowing we have potentials yet we've never used our potentials to have photo realism. We should be playing with Vettel's real character by now this is 2014 but we are still playing with ugly 3d model that looks so cartoonish pretending to be a real person.

The problem is they put profit before technology :( the human race are still murdering each other over religion oil and money instead of living together on new planets.

We have the technology and the know how yet we put $$$ and politics before humanity and technology. People that say photo realism and circles are impossible? They must be still living in the time where they think pretty girls are witches and the world is flat. They must be the kind of people that still think our planets orbit around the Sun.

Photo realism games just like peace throughout the world will never come unless we the people and we as the consumers decide enough is enough. i for one have decided enough is enough i will no longer support inferior technology with my money.

Peace out folks i have no more to say and yeah ---> happy photo realism gaming !!!!

Last edited:
Say no more. I now realise why you are so upset. You play an inferior console version.

The PC version is much improved. Mods, as usual, make it so much better. But you only have yourself to blame and I have no sympathy with you or any other console gamer.

You, buying into the cheap and disposable console gaming world have almost destroyed the real sim. From Race sims to Combat flight sims, you have ruined it. Yes it's quite easy and simple to switch on your games console and play a simplified game isn't it? But you have without a doubt spoilt it for us real race sim enthusiasts. I know this to be true, as do many others. My son is a prime example. Once a PC enthusiast, but now addicted to xbox live and it's social experience.

But once again I say to you. If you haven'y actually purchased a version of this game since the 2010 version, you have no basis to moan or cry about anything.

Lol you crack me up. I never said I was upset nor would I ever be upset over any game on any platform. I have much more important matters in my life to worry about than games. I';m merely having conversation on a selected topic. I'm not certain how from my words or tone you concluded that I was upset but in either case it doesn't matter as I won't bother comparing apples and oranges (i.e. PC vs consoles) akin to comparing a volkswagon to a BMW

Lol you crack me up. I never said I was upset nor would I ever be upset over any game on any platform. I have much more important matters in my life to worry about than games. I';m merely having conversation on a selected topic. I'm not certain how from my words or tone you concluded that I was upset but in either case it doesn't matter as I won't bother comparing apples and oranges (i.e. PC vs consoles) akin to comparing a volkswagon to a BMW

You've all missed my point ... we are being held hostages by greed, politics, proxy wars, and prehistoric inferior console technology that is holding us back from having photo realistic games and it's almost 2014 ..... it is very very very sad indeed greed and politics have destroyed humans progression.

We were supposed to have achieved this over 15 years ago instead of religious wars and fake terrorism (proxy wars) to cause fear and control over the type 0 human slave populations.

It seems as if the devil (proxy war creators) came back from the future to change history and destroyed our progressions. Regardless of how crazy this all seems i dont care i am not going to be like the rest of the human slaves that will just take it up the butt end.

All they care about now is massive profit and control over the entire human slave populations through proxy wars, fear, social network, and profit.

I am no longer the consumer - i have woken.

Look what they have already done to the human race ... they've made just about almost everyone online tough guys that will bully people to prove how righteous they are ;)

They have total control of the Type 0 human slaves.

Last edited:
You've all missed my point ... we are being held hostages by greed, politics, proxy wars, and prehistoric inferior console technology that is holding us back from having photo realistic games and it's almost 2014 ..... it is very very very sad indeed greed and politics have destroyed humans progression.

We were supposed to have achieved this over 15 years ago instead of religious wars and fake terrorism (proxy wars) to cause fear and control over the type 0 human slave populations.

It seems as if the devil (proxy war creators) came back from the future to change history and destroyed our progressions. Regardless of how crazy this all seems i dont care i am not going to be like the rest of the human slaves that will just take it up the butt end.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is there's room for improvement. We all differ, however, on what improvement entails (e.g. features, graphics, etc) based on what we value most. Obviously, we've expressed that same sentiment differently in this thread, but fundamentally we're all on the same page imo.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is there's room for improvement. We all differ, however, on what improvement entails (e.g. features, graphics, etc) based on what we value most. Obviously, we've expressed that same sentiment differently in this thread, but fundamentally we're all on the same page imo.

I totally agree with you regardless of how we sound off our disappointments, in the end we are all slaves to the profiteers.

I am seeing all of us as the victims of the profiteers ... they have total control of everything in our society except they cant force us to buy things we refused to buy.

Times have changed in the last 15 years. Apples and oranges almost.

Ask any developer if they want to build a f1 game and they will say yes. The moment they have to finalize their budgets, objectives, roi and workforce they will scream no.

Things have gotten too expensive unfortunately and I must give CM kudos for at least trying to make the best of it.

During the era of Geoff Crammond F1 wasn't the big money circus it is today and the gaming scene wasn't as complicated either.
This again is complete nonsense. Bacck then we had the tobacco industry sponsoring it all. More money involved, more testing, more of everything. Nowadays the sport moved towards cost cutting. So what are you talking about man? Also, Geoff spent years with a SMALL team building a top notch game-THEN budgeted the license in the final stages of development. Further: How about having a proper F1 sim WITHOUT license and FULL mod interface for us to mod? This community shows, that this is also possible. No matter how you turn it. CM is ill fated due to greed and does not pay off as they make all the wrong decisions. They are on the way out. Kudos for trying. No kudos for failing 3 times in a row after the 2010 edition which in my opinion, as over all package, is still the best.

This again is complete nonsense. Bacck then we had the tobacco industry sponsoring it all. More money involved, more testing, more of everything. Nowadays the sport moved towards cost cutting. So what are you talking about man? Also, Geoff spent years with a SMALL team building a top notch game-THEN budgeted the license in the final stages of development. Further: How about having a proper F1 sim WITHOUT license and FULL mod interface for us to mod? This community shows, that this is also possible. No matter how you turn it. CM is ill fated due to greed and does not pay off as they make all the wrong decisions. They are on the way out. Kudos for trying. No kudos for failing 3 times in a row after the 2010 edition which in my opinion, as over all package, is still the best.

Like Jeremy said ... in the end we are all on the same page as consumers ... we are not really happy but some us are willing to bend over and let them dictate how we eat and sleep.

I'm not going to be a slave anymore.

Like Jeremy said ... in the end we are all on the same page as consumers ... we are not really happy but some us are willing to bend over and let them dictate how we eat and sleep.

I'm not going to be a slave anymore.
Yeah sad story. But there is always hope. Toss me a Steam friend invite dude. Find me as 'Elendil1971'. Maybe we can race a bit and talk old days. :)

And then I talk nonsense?

How about having a proper F1 sim WITHOUT license and FULL mod interface for us to mod?

And then I talk nonsense :)

And how would you make that "proper" F1 sim without a license?

We can do a little experiment at your risk to proof my point. Make a "proper" 2014 mod for F1 2013 (or any other game) containing the all the licensed content such real circuits, teams, drivers, sponsors and cars and add it to the resource manager for sale and ask 50 euros for it.

See how long it takes before you have a lawyer on your doorstep the moment you sell a 100 copies :laugh:

Going to share my nonsense somewhere else now.

And then I talk nonsense?

And then I talk nonsense :)

And how would you make that "proper" F1 sim without a license?

We can do a little experiment at your risk to proof my point. Make a "proper" 2014 mod for F1 2013 (or any other game) containing the all the licensed content such real circuits, teams, drivers, sponsors and cars and add it to the resource manager for sale and ask 50 euros for it.

See how long it takes before you have a lawyer on your doorstep the moment you sell a 100 copies :laugh:

Going to share my nonsense somewhere else now.

ubisoft did! F1 Racing Sim 2 was license free and still contained the original tracks(no FIA license required btw.) and modders turned it into true F1 within weeks. Not sure how old you are and can remember or not. But better research first why I post my opinion. Its valid and proven. So there you go. Waiting for your comeback on that one.

Oh and their sales were quite alright I'd say. Surely more than a hundred copies. LMAO I personally still have the box actually.

P.S.: Not sure where you got the idea, that I suggested to SELL a mod. Seriously....

Last edited:
I used the "sell" to show that you can't just release a commercial game anymore containing official licensed content without the actual license.

Your example from Ubisoft, it was mildly based on F1 and only contained a couple of licensed tracks. I remember that Monaco for example was listed as Cote'd Azur. That renaming is pretty common when makers of the game don't have an agreement on the license. A

Above all that game is now 13, 14, 15 years old? As posted above times have changed and rules have become much more stricter especially concerning F1 and other FIA sanctioned series.

Don't you think that Codemasters would have made an unlicensed game if they could get away with it and save a whole bunch of millions they have now spend to make the official F1 game?

Have a look how F1 cars are called in Game Stock Car or other PC sims that have the F1 models in game but not the license to call it Formula One.

I used the "sell" to show that you can't just release a commercial game anymore containing official licensed content without the actual license.

Your example from Ubisoft, it was mildly based on F1 and only contained a couple of licensed tracks. I remember that Monaco for example was listed as Cote'd Azur. That renaming is pretty common when makers of the game don't have an agreement on the license. A

Above all that game is now 13, 14, 15 years old? As posted above times have changed and rules have become much more stricter especially concerning F1 and other FIA sanctioned series.

Don't you think that Codemasters would have made an unlicensed game if they could get away with it and save a whole bunch of millions they have now spend to make the official F1 game?

Have a look how F1 cars are called in Game Stock Car or other PC sims that have the F1 models in game but not the license to call it Formula One.
None of the above is truly valid bro. Where there is a will there is a way, IF one is passionate about F1. CM is not-the only thing they are passionate about is MONEY. OUR money. THey increase the price year by year for a product that is barely at beta stage quality. Sorry man, can't you see how unethical this is? I don't care much about this kind of attitude. This year they charged a full AAA 90 bucks in Aussie for the 'FULL' version. Then they release 5 patches in quick succession. This is NOT good enough. No matter what you say. There will be a time when Geoff comes back to work on GP5 (he already said he would) THEN we talk again. until then let's agree on disagreeing, shall we?

One last thing. I know the game is 12 years old. And yet it still was better out of the box. Isn't that sad? It is!

Beats me why simple facts that can be verified are non-valid in this discussion. Please come with some facts that state otherwise instead of just telling that none is valid or otherwise just end the discussion.

When you are digging for facts please also make a list of commercial companies that don't work for money. Might come as a surprise to you but even the people at Codemasters work to make profit. For them making a game is a way to feed mouths at home. (the unethical bastards!).

Also looking forward to the return of Geoff. Can't wait to see how he makes an official F1 game containing licensed content with only 100% sim physics and above all will give it away for free.

Epic times ahead. !!

You are talking about company greed and every other profiteer wanting their cut of the greed. This is what's destroying our progression.

I am nearly dead very old man now after 35 years there has been nothing but console greed stumping our advances.

I just want to be where we are supposed to be technologically advanced.

This is 2014 ..... we were supposed to be on other planets living together and expanding humanity for planetary advance.

We are being held prisoners with fake proxy wars ruling our lives with FEAR and we are rapidly shrinking into slavery. We are the slaves of the profiteers if you accept this way of life we are going no where you can see in the past 10 years we have stopped growth in human civilization advancement.

We have become type 0 human slaves instead of Type 1 human civilization.

Do not succumb to the profiteers if you buy their inferior games made for inferior technology then all they will do is push the dead beat inferior console gaming system onto us till we are all dead and buried.

They are going to push this profiteering business strangle hold till they milk every dollar from the rear end of our butt.

Last edited:
Beats me why simple facts that can be verified are non-valid in this discussion. Please come with some facts that state otherwise instead of just telling that none is valid or otherwise just end the discussion.

When you are digging for facts please also make a list of commercial companies that don't work for money. Might come as a surprise to you but even the people at Codemasters work to make profit. For them making a game is a way to feed mouths at home. (the unethical bastards!).

Also looking forward to the return of Geoff. Can't wait to see how he makes an official F1 game containing licensed content with only 100% sim physics and above all will give it away for free.

Epic times ahead. !!
Holy crap dude! What are you talking about? I never said they are not supposed to make a profit. I also NEVEr said Geoff won't charge for his efforts. Important is the quality of the product. CMs products are lacking quality and that is what it comes down to. They charge us to play beta testing. When one complains one gets shot down by CM-semi-affiliated-fanboys like you. It's just rubbish. Period. Codies need to learn, that you cannot charge AAA money and then having to release 5 patches based on player observation. THAT IS UNETHICAL. Not the fact that the guys work to pay the bills. I wonder where you read all this into my post. Makes me quite angry actually.

F1 2010 was pretty awesome. Dirt2 was pretty cool, F1 2011 sucked ass, F1 2012 was close to undriveable, Grid2 is a complete joke and F1 2013 had the focus shifted to all the wrong aspects. And overall the day the console industry dies a flower will blossom. Get my point finally. Holy **** man.

You can't handle other opinions very well eh? Don't need to start swearing btw as that really kills any discussion and above all violates our forum rules.

I think now would be a good time to mention that we are talking about video games here.

Not exactly life and death.

And no. We're not supposed to be on other planets, expanding the human race by now. No planet within our solar system can support life, and if you were to try to travel beyond our solar system, you'd die of old age because it takes more than a lifetime to get past it.

I say again. Its a game. It's not making anyone slaves. Last time I checked, we have free will (unless you happen to live in North Korea). You don't have to purchase a game if you don't want to haha. :O_o:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%