F1 2013 Why i refused to buy F1 2011 to F1 2013 ...

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaiian Guy

Banned on request
Codemaster still have not learn their lessons after 4 goes at it making the same F1 that are no different to any releases.... want people like me to buy the game then let me be part of the game .. i want to feel as if i am racing in the game i want to earn money and buy expensive equipments for my cars as i go along in my racing career.

i want to be able to customize the way i look, i want to upload my photo into the driver profile so i can look like me in the game.

If you wont let me do that then good bye to you company man ... you dont deserve my money.

This sort of games is for people who want to race in a car they can never do in real life and to make it as close as possible for my fantasy to come close is to allow me to customize the game by adding myself into the driver seats .....

I want to be able to unlock parts that will improve my cars and earn money to purchase good parts to make my car better.

This is the reason why i only race in cockpit view mode because i want to be totally in the game as me racing against the F1 best drivers :) Let me be in the game and part of the game ...

The online races are a total disaster still ... after all these years ....

Still no Audio commentary during replay mode? Oh my lazy or just cant be bothered coding that in?

Got me once in 2010 but you wont get me ever again ... lucky for you company man there are thousands of talented people that modded this game to keep it alive. Without the modders your game and company would die just like Test Drive Unlimited 2 game and Atari.

Last edited:
I still don't know how he's rating the game? He does not own it. He says he has not purchased one of the series since 2010, so can only presume he's pirated it maybe?

Just a guess. Either way it's a waste of bandwidth.

Sorry mate accusations and bullying attacks as well as personal attacks will land you in my ignore list unworthy of my time.

Dont need to attack me if you dont agree with my dislikes ....

Just because you're a licensed member it does not give you the right to bully others by calling them a pirate.

Any 2 bit dumb person could work out you can still play games on your friends computer without having to steal the game from any companies.

If you need to attack me personally online and bully me because i dont like certain things in games then i think you need to see a psychiatrist.

Anyone else thinking of bullying me and personally attacking me will also land in my ignore list licensed members or not will get same treatment.

I have the rights to voice my dislikes without being personally attacked or accused of pirating a game.

Last edited:
Ahh the old "I have played my mates F1 2013" excuse. Nice one.

If you feel you are being bullied and it affects you so much, then I feel for you. Please add me to your ignore list. But remember this, I will be upset and I will not be able to sleep at night knowing that you feel bullied and personally attacked.

Now why don't you just buy the game and play it, enjoy it and join the human race?

I think a lot of your gripes seem a bit ridiculous.

For example, you think car customization should be in the game...

Well, this is Formula One. Not Need For Speed, you can't add a new front bumper, or a new exhaust system, or add pearlescent paint to the cars in the game.
When was the last time you saw a Formula One car with a NOS upgrade?

These types of modifications are just ridiculous for an F1 game. If you want that, then go play NFS.

It's Formula One, it's the pinnacle of motorsport. Not illegal street racing.

I think most ppl here missed the point that he tried to make. Very mature as well to jump on someone and bully them, just because they dislike the game. Sounds like there is alot of fanboy's in here.

What he tried lift up, is that he wanted to be more involved in the development of the car.
I'm not sure if he wants to feel like a star, but more options to give the player is never bad.
As I wrote earlier, comparing GTR2 with Race07. In my opinion GTR2 is the better game. Why? Is those small things that makes it feel more alive. Like the warm up lap, safety car gets pulled out, if there is a huge crash somewhere on the track. And that you can see the pit crew working on your car. In Race07 they removed those things, and that made the game less "alive" Less "realistic" The same rules applies to all games. The more you give the player, the more immersive it gets.

in rpg this is the one of the most important things. If your are given an character you know nothing about, it's gonna be much harder to play that said character. You may no even care if he dies. But if you have created your own, that is much easier to grow fond off. And you might feel devastated if the character dies.

So, it should be the same thing for racing games. We don't demand the most advanced system, but just something that makes MY opinion actually matters. I have never raced in real life, but I have hard time believing if I would feel something is not right with my car, my mechanics would ignore me. No way, They would look it over and change the settings, and then I will practice some more and then I come back and say that "now it works" or not.

I think a lot of your gripes seem a bit ridiculous.

For example, you think car customization should be in the game...

Well, this is Formula One. Not Need For Speed, you can't add a new front bumper, or a new exhaust system, or add pearlescent paint to the cars in the game.
When was the last time you saw a Formula One car with a NOS upgrade?

These types of modifications are just ridiculous for an F1 game. If you want that, then go play NFS.

It's Formula One, it's the pinnacle of motorsport. Not illegal street racing.

having an option is better than having no options don't you think? At least if you dont like those options you dont need to use it but for those like me that want these options are having to put up with no options at all.

The majority of people who purchase sports cars or harley davidsons do not walk into the show room to buy those things without wanting customization options. Same things apply with games most people who aren't rich like me want to spend our money on games that will give us options to customize things in our games. I am sure there are people like me who want to buy games they want to be able to customize the things they do with the games.

It is already insulting having to buy games that are made for xbox ported over to pc. We buy pc games to play on our pc specs not xbox specs.

I dont want take it or leave it type game deal ... i want options to customize things, it's my money and that's what i want.

If you give me a take it or leave it type deal then i'll play it on my friends computers instead when i go visit them.

Last edited:
having an option is better than having no options don't you think? At least if you dont like those options you dont need to use it but for those like me that want these options are having to put up with no options at all.

The majority of people who purchase sports cars or harley davidsons do not walk into the show room to buy those things without wanting customization options. Same things apply with games most people who aren't rich like me want to spend our money on games that will give us options to customize things in our games. I am sure there are people like me who want to buy games they want to be able to customize the things they do with the games.

It is already insulting having to buy games that are made for xbox ported over to pc. We buy pc games to play on our pc specs not xbox specs.

I dont want take it or leave it type game deal ... i want options to customize things, it's my money and that's what i want.

If you give me a take it or leave it type deal then i'll play it on my friends computers instead when i go visit them.

Yes I agree that there should be certain customization options in F1 games. But I dont think the NFS style is the right approach. Being able to fit Nitros Oxide kits, or new livery paint jobs to a Formula One car is not realistic, nor is it relevant to Formula 1 (if you're customising the paint jobs through modding, then that's a different matter).

The only customisation/paint job option in the game I would like to see is a personal helmet designer.

I do like the idea of gaining sponsorships the better you perform, because that's what happens in real life.
So if you get a really good race result, or if you finish high in the championship, then you will get different levels of sponsorship which increase the teams budget, which in turn increases their R&D capabilities.

But again, it has to be relevant, and realistic to real Formula 1.

I would like to see money earn during career and fame as well as attracting big $$$ and sponsorships you know ... and of course change the way we look customize our looks and outfit plus helmet etc ...

Just want to feel as if it is really me living the life of an F1 driver ... want to know what it is like earning $10mil contracts and stuff like that.

I dont know why people kept mentioning nitros i only wanted to be an F1 driver in this game that i will never will be in my real life.

With battlefield 3 and 4 at least i felt as if i am the character in the game.

People like to dis others by using COD and NFS stuff .... those games were good in their days but this is 2013 and i want 2013 games.

Just like in sales you cant fish in the same pond all the time relying on old customers ... Codemaster need to be clever and fish in every pond .... old and new as well as future customers otherwise they will end up like Atari bankrupted and killed TDU2 because they refused to let their customers customize and mod the game.

All i'm saying is if they want my money the had better give me options - do not throw mud at my face and say here it is take it or leave it because i will leave it and i have left it since 2010 (I simply cant afford the luxury to buy games i dont like).

Last edited:
You say alot but what is your point ? Nobody here really cares because we have all found ways to have fun in this game/racer. What do you want ? Approval from us to vindicate that you chose not to buy the game ?

Write emails to Codies if it helps you but there is no good counsel for you here I am sorry to say :(

Ignorancemasters lost 90% of their F1 2010 sales... They lost all of their F1 Online (and their jobs...).

At this losing rate, one would think someone in that company just competent enough to realize they're going in the wrong direction would somehow wake the &#*% up and start listening to their customers, and then work to improve the gaming experience instead of tweeting all day and night... Communicate with them through their own forums, and build a true community to beta test their commercial products before RC 1. Yeah, they would lose a little bit of control by doing that, but they're losing tons of control because of the damn piracy anyway.

I bet they won't make it.

Ignorancemasters lost 90% of their F1 2010 sales... They lost all of their F1 Online (and their jobs...).

At this losing rate, one would think someone in that company just competent enough to realize they're going in the wrong direction would somehow wake the &#*% up and start listening to their customers, and then work to improve the gaming experience instead of tweeting all day and night... Communicate with them through their own forums, and build a true community to beta test their commercial products before RC 1. Yeah, they would lose a little bit of control by doing that, but they're losing tons of control because of the damn piracy anyway.

I bet they won't make it.

A lot of companies visions are what they think we will enjoy lol ... what we enjoy and what they we think we will enjoy are two different things.

They have totally ignored the fact that Europe are in financial difficulties in the past 4 years and USA is almost bankrupt yet they think we could afford to give them our hard earnt money on products they think we will enjoy ... especially xbox games ported over to pc ...

The point isn't what they spent and how much resources it costs them but what they should have done is spend those resources in the right area !!!!

They are fishing for customers in a dried river bed ... perhaps they should have gone to the ocean and cast a fish net on a bigger area. This is why Battlefields are doing so well .... only idiots would laugh and make fun of battlefields.

Just give me the option of disabling all cartoon animations and skip all the repetitive animations before i could start a race.

If it werent for modders codemaster would have ended up like Atari -- dead ...

Stupidity beyond ludicracy !!!

Last edited:
Yep. And there are ways to disable piracy (like, for example, force recognition ID through Steam for no duplicates, or else), but Ignorancemasters can't even just begin to think about it for one sec.

It's a shame, but I am afraid they ignore all alternatives that would really make great F1 games over and over. Their EGO engine is wwwwaaaayyy out of date. But its own name reflects their true personalities: EGO like in EGOcentric, EGOistic, EGOmaniac...

It's a shame, really. I'm not confident they will survive beyond the 5-years Licence.

Heck, I even doubt there will be a next-gen last one...

What I think would make this series better is a much more immersion in the career.

The tag line in 2010 was "Live The Life" if I remember correctly.

In the 2010 version we had a bustling paddock, press conferences, interviews and driver celebrations. Now, granted, these were all pretty one dimensional and got boring and tedious after seeing the same stuff and answering the same questions the whole time but the idea was there and I liked that.

It had major promise to become a huge part of the game. Some ideas have already been said about earning sponsorships to advance the teams budget and R&D, helmet design, stuff like that, add a third dimension to the 'live the life' aspect of the career mode and that would keep me much more entertained during a season or 7!

I'm not sure why they have ditched that side of the game (probably because resources were being put towards the racing side of things, and rightly so I suppose.) But It should have been developed more before they gave it up. That's the kind of 'simulation' that is missing from this game, at the moment our character or 'profile' is merely a name change. There is no back n forth with the team apart from the mandatory R&D path. The engineer runs out of original things to say after the second race. It all feels horribly scripted and repetitive.

But damn, the racing is fun!

All i'm saying is if they want my money the had better give me options - do not throw mud at my face and say here it is take it or leave it because i will leave it and i have left it since 2010 (I simply cant afford the luxury to buy games i dont like).

I know you think the nasty codemasters are throwing mud in your face and other nasty members are bullying you (aww bless :cry:) but I have to ask you how you have the nerve to dismiss this version and it's racing goodness when you haven't even bothered to buy it. You really should give it a go.

Perhaps the Shift series of games would be better suited to you because in them you can customise at will. Or Dirt 2? You can have furry dice in that one.

:)

I don't think anyone's mad at you but I think you're missing the point. It's a game not a simulator. The realism you get from a simulator takes years and thousands if not millions of dollars to build/create. This game is meant for users of different levels to use and enjoy.

Every feature costs money and every feature has the potential to make the game run worse than it would without it. It's a balancing act. You can't judge a game based on what you think it should have without full understanding of the costs and effects involved with having such features.

Is the game perfect? Of course not but if I want to feel as if I'm driving in a Red Bull simulator then this is not the game and I doubt there are many games, PC or console, that can produce such realism with limited budgets.

My point is that you have to keep an open mind and realize your expectation(s) isn't necessarily realistic in both the cost effective and practical sense.

one word: iRacing. Sorry bro. F1 is too close to home. If CM is unable to deliver basic features we already had in F1 sims in 1991-2003 then it is an epic fail. I let them get away with it in 2010, but enough is enough. btw the immersion as living the life of a driver was more prevalent in the first release and this got washed out more and more over the years. We dont need a half assed classic mode. We need a PROPER career experience to have replay value. Period.

What I think would make this series better is a much more immersion in the career.

The tag line in 2010 was "Live The Life" if I remember correctly.

In the 2010 version we had a bustling paddock, press conferences, interviews and driver celebrations. Now, granted, these were all pretty one dimensional and got boring and tedious after seeing the same stuff and answering the same questions the whole time but the idea was there and I liked that.

It had major promise to become a huge part of the game. Some ideas have already been said about earning sponsorships to advance the teams budget and R&D, helmet design, stuff like that, add a third dimension to the 'live the life' aspect of the career mode and that would keep me much more entertained during a season or 7!

I'm not sure why they have ditched that side of the game (probably because resources were being put towards the racing side of things, and rightly so I suppose.) But It should have been developed more before they gave it up. That's the kind of 'simulation' that is missing from this game, at the moment our character or 'profile' is merely a name change. There is no back n forth with the team apart from the mandatory R&D path. The engineer runs out of original things to say after the second race. It all feels horribly scripted and repetitive.

But damn, the racing is fun!

100% agreed. The racing is still fun. It's just too thin and meaningless. Well worded bro.

You guys are getting his desires all wrong. Let me clear a few things up for you.

He doesn't want a "simulator" as in a driving simulator, he wants a simulator for the experience of being an adored F1 driver (the way he thinks it is, with people commenting on how great he is as he walks down the street).

The game he seems to want is Dirt 3, where you constant praise (you can even put in your own NAME and they say IT omg), you can buy "upgrades" to make your rides RULE DUDE, and and and you can put your own picture in so it really looks like you!!!!

Ok so, obviously this kid is 12 or 13, has never driven a real car or played a game that was geared towards real simulation (not that this game really is, but it's not horrible). All the talk of earning money and points and upgrading and the rant about no women in the game shows the level of maturity and complete lack of knowledge of Formula 1.

My advice to him is to stick with the games you like, and stop bitching about a game you don't own or play. Oh wait, you do play it, but only "on your friends pc", what a tool.

The only tool here is you, you derogative being you!

Look how beautiful this looks - expressing your hate and anger to a company that does not care about you. Very original!

No need for this in a forum, in my opinion, you should give letter to Codemasters and not to a public racing forum that is not affiliated with CM Birmingham/Racing.

Codies' games are supposed to be arcade like and not some nice looking simulators. You know you can still play F1 Challenge with any rubbish mod you can find. :laugh:

Also recommend Call of Duty if racing doesn't work with you.

Idiotic statement allround!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years