Why I don't race in iRacing anymore...

Sad but true. I have not raced in iRacing for weeks now (only try it every now and then maybe I change my mind).

Reason? Well, for some reason I cannot find grip in most cars and it seems that the cars never want to stop when I brake.

I can be quite fast in rFactor 2, nKPro and GCS2012 for example. True, first few laps, there is no grip as well, but then, especially in rF2, the car is glued to the road when the rubber is laid.

I can immerse very easily in rF2 and the car stops when I want and I know how much to push in corners. In iRacing, the car keep going out and out of the corner and the braking, I don't know, I cannot get the right feeling.

Am I doing something wrong in iRacing? Do you guys have the same experiece or its just me???

:(

I honestly can´t understand the grip problems either.
I think the only track that gives me a sense of slippery is Okayama.
If you are 7 seconds of pace your not even using all of the grip available to begin with!!

-
Funny also that many complain about the cold tires being too grippy.
Turns out AC has run into the exact same problem. Probably because they are trying to build a tire model as advanced as what DK is doing.

I have fired up iRacing since I renewed with the discounted offer and have to say that I am very happy with the FFB. Played a bit with the new ingame sliders and went for a run with the Radical on Road America and have to say it was 100% fun, the car felt really great and I could feel awesome FFB.

Though, I'm 3 seconds slower than the fast guys. The traction was good, I could feel the car sliding etc and after a few laps I got more grip (is that correct? tires warmed up?).

So, I think, it must be the braking this time, as the fastest guy was going to hit me in braking, which means I was slow.

I think most cars are great in iRacing. Unfortunately, I'm not very fast with those type of cars and that's frustrating. Hopefully they will introduce a car my style one day (the honda! ? :) iRacing is hard for noobs like me :)-

Cheers

Yea as iRacing is now, only a handful of cars are really good and really fun to drive.
then when the next update of NTM comes people have to test drive the cars again and new cars will give that "wow" feeling,
It´s pretty funny seeing people migrate from car to car for every update.

I think it´s time for another update of NTM, been a while now but last time i checked the NTM 2.1 was almost finished, the talk on the streets is that it will include blistering and vulcanisation and possibly even flat spots etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back