1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why have you not deleted my account?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Super Koala, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Super Koala

Super Koala
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Some time ago I asked you to remove my account from RD. Due to the behavour of your members on the pcars thread I no longer wish to be amongst them. As far as I'm concerned the fact that RD supports this childish and insulting behavour I no longer wish to be numbered amongst your membership or as a supporter. The only offer you made was to ban me but you didn't do that and I find that inappropriate and not good enough. I do not want to be a supporter of RD so please remove me from the site membership. I think it should be quite easy to use the delete facility
  2. Accounts are not deleted, as far as I know.
    Log out, remove the site from bookmarks, forget it exists?
  3. Super Koala

Super Koala
    @ Simberia @Simberia

That is not good enough. That still leaves me with, my real name, as a supporter of RD. It also includes me in your membership numbers. They then become false if you include people who do not want to be members. I'm making a point. I do not accept that you cannot remove me from the list
  4. I think you can be renamed and banned, but not deleted. Try contacting an admin.

Membership numbers are much more affected by random spambots (especially these days) than by people making points, so that argument's of little value.
  5. Super Koala

Super Koala
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Sorry Senad, I thought this post would have been picked up by admin. My point is if you ask for peoples real names then that must be respected. I am the only actual Peter Nickells in the UK as far as I know and I'm active on the net.

Would you please point me to an admin member I can contact as I can't find any link looking around the site
  6. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

No, not at all. :)
  7. Super Koala

Super Koala
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Two of those are me ie Ventnor and Aberseenshire, the other two are relatives and have a second christian name. I take your point though
  8. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Why not just read the response(s) you've received on your pm's in the last weeks? Already explained you we don't delete accounts and gave you alternatives.

We can rename it, ban it, or just never log in anymore. We don't delete accounts for a good reason and its clearly stated up front when you signed up and agreed to the terms and rules.

Your name will be forever on this forum as you have made a lot of posts that are probably nested in quotes of other people posting etc etc. Even if an account is deleted all those posts will remain as they can't be deleted or you will have to edit all the post you have made yourself by hand.

Just let me know if we can help you with an alternative solution as offered above.

edit: fixed
  9. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I solved it.