F1 2010 Why don't modders make new tracks??

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Well guys! There are many good mods for F12010 but I am really disappointed because there aren't any addon tracks for this game! :( I would like to drive on A1 Ring, Magny-course, Donington and other great tracks very much! It would be great! But modding groups don't make any addon tracks! Why?!

I am really disappointed because there aren't any addon tracks for this game! :(

LOL? You are dissappointed? A few people spend hundred of hours to extend your gameplay fun for FREE, dont forget that.

If you want extra tracks: go read some tutorials, buy the needed software to create them and make sure you have thousands of hours in your free time to make it.

Bottomline: if you want stuff build it yourself or just wait for those that are kind enough to GIVE it to you for free.

I guess it would be posssible.

I am not modder. I don't understand why it's so difficult. Modding groups create a lot of addon-tracks for gtr, rfactor. Why can't they make some tracks for great f12010?

And why are you not a modder? Because it's difficult. If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Even for games like rFactor.

I am not modder. I don't understand why it's so difficult. Modding groups create a lot of addon-tracks for gtr, rfactor. Why can't they make some tracks for great f12010?

No modder was born that way either :) It's a matter of reading, learning and understanding what to do, just like with every hobby or profession.

@the games you mentioned: unfortunately the majority of these game mods still use conversions from older games. There is some orginal created content by some very very creative guys but still too much is just re-use of existing tracks :(

Bram - I thought for a second that you were referring to Assassins Creed - Brotherhood -- Everything is possible :)

But back to the point..

Why do you want new tracks? You are so fed up of those already there, and you've mastered them all, so now you want more challenge? Or you want something much easier for you? Go and push shopping carts than, hopefully not hitting anything :)

Anyways - Like someone before me said - if you want it, do it yourself, but it is much easier to be lazy, and to beg someone to make it for you...

Also, the f1 2010 deserves a big time thanks, because they've outdone themselves, creating tracks with so much precision and providing so much fun hours, and now you want more tracks? (no offence to the guys creating tracks day by day, i respect them a lot, as they do the work alone, a work that takes maybe 30 guys to do)

This thread made me chuckle, basically ill put it like this.

IF it was possible to create new tracks, im pretty sure it would have been done by now.

Only recently have i managed to mod my F1 game to how i like, i used many different mods including the F1 AI kit, new pirelli tyres, new names for 2011 season(vlasovas mods) and then imported all the very nicely made f1 2011 cars into the game (except the force india) and now my game is pretty much closer to F1 2011 because of it.

Needless to say the amount of hours these guys put in to create them, i am totally happy that i could come here, and download them for absolutely free, huge credit from me to all the modders who helped to make this game even better then it was originally.

Must say guys, I think DriverN1 is getting his chops bust over a fairly innocuous question really!

I can understand that it isnt totally crazy (or insulting) for people these days to expect/hope a game will have some heavy mods courtesy of enthusiasts giving up their time to create them. Disappointment is likely to happen when someone realises there arent any of these mods.

People only find out these things if they ask the question, and what better place to ask the question than on the premier sim racing forum, full of knowledgeable (and tolerant) members and staff!

Oh dont get me wrong, my post may have come across as slightly sarcastic, but of course people do need to ask questions to find out, and really we should not have people responding in such a way that chris rees did, although from my view i pretty much expected that kind of response to happen.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to actually make a track from scratch, even if the code is easily changeable? Sure, you can make a track that has corners etc like XXXX Track, but to get it to the detail present in the game - well, that's something a person should only be expected to do if they're getting paid. I'm not a modder either, but I can appreciate how difficult making a decent version of a track is.

Must say guys, I think DriverN1 is getting his chops bust over a fairly innocuous question really!

I can understand that it isnt totally crazy (or insulting) for people these days to expect/hope a game will have some heavy mods courtesy of enthusiasts giving up their time to create them. Disappointment is likely to happen when someone realises there arent any of these mods.

People only find out these things if they ask the question, and what better place to ask the question than on the premier sim racing forum, full of knowledgeable (and tolerant) members and staff!

I think it's the 'why?!' added on at the end of his post that has annoyed people - as though it's easy, and it's somehow obligatory for the modders to put out quality stuff - even though they're not actually getting paid.

Besides - the game has every track from F1 2010 - the next game will have every track from F1 2011 - why do we need more tracks?

I think it's the 'why?!' added on at the end of his post that has annoyed people - as though it's easy, and it's somehow obligatory for the modders to put out quality stuff - even though they're not actually getting paid.

Besides - the game has every track from F1 2010 - the next game will have every track from F1 2011 - why do we need more tracks?

There doesnt need to be more tracks agreed, some people are just greedy. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 173 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%