PC1 Why dont i feel any FFB with G27?!?!

Someone please help. I was so excited to download this game when i saw it today. The graphics are amazing but i cannot get any FFB when driving! I've tried numerous in depth settings i found on threads but nothing changes! it feels like im driving a boat! My g27 works well on all other racing games with FFB.
Also my clutch doesn't reister in the game. Does anyone know how to fix this too?

Hi Kyle,i take your point and agree with you but how come AC,GSCE,iracing,raceroom all dont need such ridiculous tweaking per car yet ffb still feels different per car?
Just seems a very foolish direction sms took with their approach,seems to be so many stopped playing the game with ffb being one of the reasons.
I spent hours last week setting up ffb on the ruf GT3 according to guides,i have two monitors, one had guides, other running pcars, eventually i got a really nice ffb feeling that felt good to me, yes ffb is subjective but it felt good ,the best ive ever experienced in pcars.
It all felt like a major undertaking just to get decent ffb for one car,to think ill have to do similar for other cars is just crazy and enough to convince me to stop playing and play others sims ive mentioned.

FFB is going to be subjective. For me, I make the same tweaks on every car (which I could just do an XML file and be done with it, which I probably should). However, what I like, others don't. No matter how much they could have spent tweaking each car, some amount of the population wouldn't have been satisfied. Heck, they tried getting a consensus on some FFB settings in the WMD community and no one could agree on anything. It was going to be a lose-lose situation with FFB default settings. However, the goal was to at least expose the options so users could tune to their linking.

In theory that is the right design decision, in practice the implementation is borderline insanity. I am a fan of RF2, the cars feel different especially with the latest updates but the only tweak needed is the FFB multiplier or caster setting, which is two sliders to play with. Also you can change any wheel, ffb and car setting while at the track, which in PCARS is a another oversight.

Whoever came up with scoop knee, half elbow must of had too much LSD in their youth.

I don't know if you remember, but GTR2 had some crazy FFB options as well (I can't post a link as it's against the rules but you can do a Google image search for "GTR2 FFB settings"). I agree there needs to be better documentation around the FFB settings. I've been part of the WMD side of things since the beginning and the FFB options still look like Greek to me. I only tweak a few of them which I understand what they effect.

I am using SimCommander to drive the FFB in Pcars and the physics do provide very nice data to drive the AccuForce. The cars do feel different from one another and I don't have to fudge with the FFB settings in Pcars at all. Pcars physics does do some things better than many other titles using this approach but, it's not perfect either. If I could have bits of FFB form rF2, GSCE, iR, AC and Pcars - I'd have the ultimate FFB; the same can be said for other aspects as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back