1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does the car always understeer?

Discussion in 'ARCA Sim Racing' started by Ben Tusting, Jun 19, 2009.

1. I just bought Arca the other day but the steering is puzzling/annoying me.

Why does the Car always understeer/ Tyre squeeling?
    Could this be down to my degrees of rotation and steering lock?
    My right front tyre just get's shagged all the time is this normal?
  2. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Some tracks will eat front tyres like Toledo, You have to either dial it out with your setup or drive slower. As A friend of mine once said Stockcar racing in nothing like F1. If you drive with a push push push style you will eat up your tyres and the rest of the paced drivers will pass you in a few laps.

Pace yourself
  3. I found at yesterday(at the 15 second track) that i had to really chuck the car into the corners to stop the understeer.
  4. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

That setup was very conservative and tends to push, Try sticking the wedge around -3, The tail end will come around a bit easier but it will be a handful on worn tyres.

As for race pace there, I expect to be running high 16's in the race to stop the front tyre overheating. Well thats if we get decent green stints :) Once the tyres go off I expect around the 17's mark.

Try to enter the corner a little slower so you dont get that midcorner push aswell.

qualifying times mean nothing at a circuit like this. Its all about pacing yourself so you have the tyres to make the move when everybody has worn boots on.
  5. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

guys question im gonna buy a new pc soon and give this one to my mother. can i install arca on my new pc or do i have to buy a new one???
  6. Maurice Hurkmans

Maurice Hurkmans
    RD Travel Expert

No, you can just reinstall this version of ARCA. Go to register section in the leverage client and click on "reinstall exsisting purchase" :)
  7. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

ok maurice thanks mate:)
  8. Where can I download the new tracks coming out soon?
  9. if you have arca leverage installed, then it will install automatically

10. If you have a G25 wheel, set the rotation to 270° or 300° max. in your Profiler Software. In the game itself in the setup garage you can use the Steering Lock feature to increase or decrease the overall steering input physicswise!

The cars are built to understeer. Try to minimize the LF ride-height while increasing the RR ride-height. Also use more negative wedge too loosen the car during cornering. Raise the RR Trackbar to help loosen the car on entry and exit of corners!

The tyres are squeeling always but that is not an indication that you so something wrong. It just indicates that the tire is working and scrubbing as it should do. But it should be more a scrubbing noise NOT a squeeling noise! I understand with squeeling when you lock your tires! That´s a squeeling sound to me.

As you turn mostly left with ovals, the front right and rear right tires are the most stressed elements of a car. If you overheat them, you most likely have an abusive setup or you are pushing the car permantly over the limits of the physics. Try to life off throttle ealier and "roll" into the corners, slight go back on throttle on the apex mid-corner and then full off again. Else reduce camber or move center weight more to the back thus reducing the weight on the front!