WHY DOES NOBODY DRIVE ON VINTAGE/AC-LEGENDS-SERVERS???

Evereytime i am looking to play online, i only find full servers for the Nordschleife and ****in Shutoko, or what it's name is...and lots of drift servers and private ones...but i never found AC-LEGENDS, HISTORIC-GP, or PREWAR...
THEN i clicked the "show empty servers"-option and found out, that THERE ACTUALLY ARE many vintage-servers running, but NOBODY joins them...
Is it just me, that won't understand, that the COMPLETE online-community only drifts and goes around the Nordschleife and Shutoko all day (and maybe some freeroams, like LAC, or Pacific Coast), but NOBODY cares about historic races????

Damn, i know YOU ALL like the classic-cars, 75% of the mods are about historic cars and tracks, but the public servers are totally abandoned...WHY???

So i think...ALL OF YOU, who love historic cars...we should organize ourselfs to get those servers, wich are running empty all the time, BACK TO LIFE!!!
MY dream would be, to be able to choose between some full GP1923, GP1937, GP1967, etc servers, or AC-LEGENDS GT and GTR-trackdays...
we even got full-packages-mods of those classes, downloadable as bundle...so what's this all about???

I think we just have to organize ourselfs, choose a fitting server, that is open and accessable for everyone...without steam-checks, etc...so everybody, equal how and from where he/she installed AC, can join.

LETS GET IT ON :)!!!

...or what is YOUR opinion?

Hey now, I love that "****in Shutoko or what its name is" track.

You gotta understand, AC does drift and freeroam best. Other sims do the other things best.

The thing is, nobody wants to be the first in a server and then wait for others to join and that also means nobody wants to be in a server alone.

Theres a Nords ACL server thats been pretty popular lately tho. Just gotta do a little searching.

A lot of times also, you have to click thru every server to see the actual player count.

I'm not complaining because of free roaming...i like that, too.
But I must say...i dont like the whole japan thing...after the fast&furious-movies, all went japan-initial-D style...i really hate it...all the US-guys are talking about drifting...i DEEPLY RESPECT the skill of drifters, but i think it is more of a show and a show-off, than real racing...i grew up with f1, dtm, wtcc, wrc, gt-lm, wec, vln, etc and all the supporting classes...i STUDIED all the historic motorsports, like DRM, Group-B, historic GP/F1 for about 25years now...

And i know, nobody wants to join a empty server...but EXACTLY because of that, i wrote this post...to try to organize people with the interrest in historic racing, to chose ONE or TWO servers, and always meet at them, knowing they exist and others will be playing them, too...

I think its all about organizing it...for example to meet every evening at 7pm central-european time on ONE server, knowing it is avaiable and filled

PS: I recently found a czech-server, called "TAZMAN_CZ"...those people always meet to drive ACL/TCL, but only few know about this server...maybe this could be one, we all could meet at

Last edited:
Part of the issue is "AC Legends" is not well regarded around here as they steal content
I know that for some people thats a no-go...but really...who cares, if it provides a whole bundle of cars, everybody can download free and have no checksum-failure, because of different versions, because all have the identical car-pack...and above that, mostly high-class modded.

ALL I AM SAYING IS, lets get together, and if someone knows a server, that is free and without any borders and steam-account-checks and such things, so EVERYBODY can join...POST IT HERE...
and then let us meet at this server as main-historic race server...once this one server gets more support and players on it, it also will appear on the first pages, of the server lists and so attracts even more players.

Evereytime i am looking to play online, i only find full servers for the Nordschleife and ****in Shutoko, or what it's name is...and lots of drift servers and private ones...but i never found AC-LEGENDS, HISTORIC-GP, or PREWAR...
THEN i clicked the "show empty servers"-option and found out, that THERE ACTUALLY ARE many vintage-servers running, but NOBODY joins them...
Is it just me, that won't understand, that the COMPLETE online-community only drifts and goes around the Nordschleife and Shutoko all day (and maybe some freeroams, like LAC, or Pacific Coast), but NOBODY cares about historic races????

Damn, i know YOU ALL like the classic-cars, 75% of the mods are about historic cars and tracks, but the public servers are totally abandoned...WHY???

So i think...ALL OF YOU, who love historic cars...we should organize ourselfs to get those servers, wich are running empty all the time, BACK TO LIFE!!!
MY dream would be, to be able to choose between some full GP1923, GP1937, GP1967, etc servers, or AC-LEGENDS GT and GTR-trackdays...
we even got full-packages-mods of those classes, downloadable as bundle...so what's this all about???

I think we just have to organize ourselfs, choose a fitting server, that is open and accessable for everyone...without steam-checks, etc...so everybody, equal how and from where he/she installed AC, can join.

LETS GET IT ON :)!!!

...or what is YOUR opinion?
Are you fast?

• Deleted member 1066209

I think the racers on RaceDepartment make up a small portion of those on Assetto Corsa. The RD racers are likely older, and have less time to race. The majority of the Assetto Corsa userbase are immature, and are only familiar with "Fast and the Furious", "JDM", and "Initial D" because that's what they've grown up with. They're probably also playing on keyboards and gamepads.

Driving a vintage car is difficult, even with a wheel. There's no traction control or ABS. Steering and pedal inputs need to be precise. Few people will take the time to practice driving these difficult cars, when their alternative is to blast a LaFerrari down the Shutoko straight in an already-populated server.

No one wants to drive around in an empty server hoping for someone to show up (if they even do). Given that these mods are relatively unpopular, compared to "Shutoko Revival Project" and the like, it really shouldn't be surprising that those servers are usually empty.

I've driven around a server running LA Canyons with Kunos vintage cars. The few people that join end up leaving quite soon due to their frustration from crashing.

I run a Americas-friendly league (euro-driver welcome too if you stay up late) with vintage content only. Checkout CMSracing.com AC Historics series
We're racing the Delage 1927 this season, I believe we're the only server with that car, which is a shame, It's a blast!
PM me if anyone interested.

Last edited:
Driving a vintage car is difficult, even with a wheel. There's no traction control or ABS. Steering and pedal inputs need to be precise. Few people will take the time to practice driving these difficult cars, when their alternative is to blast a LaFerrari down the Shutoko straight in an already-populated server.
But exactly THIS is the FUN about it, the challenge to control and master a car...all the guys on the popular servers don't do racing, they try to reinact action-movies, which are very far from reality...thats not racing, or motorsports at all!!!

I drive with an old Xbox360-gamepad, because i got no wheel and pedals and have to few money, to spend it on such things...
but even with this old controller, vintage cars are absolutely drivable, even when driven on the limit...maybe excluding the 1937GP...they need more precise throttle-control, a controller can give you.

And to answer to Gelly916 and P_Cote...thank you for the tipp, but i got some issues, with driving in leagues...i have sick nerves and my hands start to hurt very bad and get numb after 10mins of driving, so i could never FINISH a complete race, without pausing...and on top of that, i don't use STEAM for several reasons and have no steam-account and so usually i get blocked, when i want to join official league-servers.

Last edited:
We are currently running a season of AC legend prototypes racing over at Rijnaars motorsport on Tuesday nights. We are a very laid back bunch and you or anyone else is more than welcome to join us. Our next race is at Watkins Glen and you can find the details in our discord here:

We also do Raceroom on a Monday and various ACC races in association with oNiD.

Attachments

• Rijnaars_S5.jpg
    Rijnaars_S5.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 27

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 99 91.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 38 35.2%