Why does my GSC Sync.exe keep stopping?

I have been trying to download the new Extreme build and it seems that every 5 minutes or so I monitor the Sync app and it is stopped. "Sync has stopped".

I restart it, goes on for a while and then it stops again.

I started seeing this with 150mb to go and now, over an hour later I am at 140mb to go..

It's a bit frustrating.

I have 14 minutes left according to it. An hour ago I had about 20 minutes left. If it didn't keep stopping I'd be done, but do I really need to keep it in the foreground all the time and look at it?

I have been trying to download the new Extreme build and it seems that every 5 minutes or so I monitor the Sync app and it is stopped. "Sync has stopped".

I restart it, goes on for a while and then it stops again.

I started seeing this with 150mb to go and now, over an hour later I am at 140mb to go..

It's a bit frustrating.

I have 14 minutes left according to it. An hour ago I had about 20 minutes left. If it didn't keep stopping I'd be done, but do I really need to keep it in the foreground all the time and look at it?

It´s not a solution, but try to download the whole package instead.
I have used the Sync app yesterday, without any problem.

For this update I run the sync app as admin and let it during the day.

I saw in the morning about the update and then in the lunch time I went home (as always) and let it there. After lunch the files comparison had ended and then I clicked for update the game, then at night, after work I saw it had updated.

It was really slow, but you need to start it and let for some minutes (20 minutes in my case), then click to start download and let it go all the way. Maybe try this when you go to sleep.

My internet connection is not that good, maybe with a really fast internet you won't have problems.

As Morello already wrote, there are 3 connectiontypes: "FTP passive", "FTP active" and HTTP. By default the sync uses "FTP passive".
  • "FTP passive" means that the ports used to transfer files are chosen by the server. This can be an issue for some of you as they might have limited the ports to use for this protocol in their routers.
  • With "FTP active" you can limit the port range used to transfer files to a certain range (by default 1024- 5000) and to open up that portrange in the router.
  • HTTP means that the sync tries to connect via HTTP protocoll to the server.
While there are up to 4 parallel "FTP" transfers, HTTP transfers are limited to 1 at a time.

Those who expirience issues with "FTP passive", should first try to switch to "FTP active" and in case that doesn't help use "HTTP".
Keep in mind that not all connectiontypes might be available depending on the capabilities of the used server, because not all sync servers support FTP and/or HTTP transfers.

How to switch transfertype (and other options):
  1. Run "GSC Sync" and directly click on the "Start/Stop" button.
  2. From the menu "Options->Connectiontype" select the desired on.
  3. Click on "Start" to continue syncing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%