1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Why do you drive with the view from the TV pod?

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by alike, Jun 23, 2014.

1. I always try to recreate a real world experience (at least as close as I can), and driving from the TV pod really brakes the immersion for me. I know it's easier, but i'm after a real challenge. Not something easy.

I'm just curious, so go ahead and tell me why :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I am using TV pod just because i have feeling that i don't see front of my car :D
    I was using cockpit cam but tried TV pod for some races and..... :D

3. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

and ..... you crashed? :p ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

TV pod is one thing, the one I don't understand is the offset camera. Why would you drive with the car looking angled on the screen? It is just stupid.

5. As the screen is 2-D I have a little difficulty finding the optimum brake zone for corners. Driver cam makes this worse but having a lower height. TV cam provides better view of road ahead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Well damn. In that case, I'm going to helicopter cam. Enough of this blind apex s*it.

• Haha Haha x 2
  7. i can see left and right better, or wheel to wheel overtakes during a corner helps having no contact or avoid collisions better.

8. Yeah :D But than i learn how to drive with it (but not very well) :D :p;)

9. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Which means you can learn to drive from the cockpit (but not very well) :p

Same logic ..... heheh! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I use TV pod because I feel the the cockpit camera is not good enough. In wheel to wheel racing I cannot constantly press left/right on right stick to see what's around me, the mirrors are not good enough (and not entirely visible on some cars).

11. In cockpit mode I can't see the road properly and the brakin g points.

12. ;) yeah :D i should download that mod which gives me rest of OSD in cockpit ;)

13. I wish I drove as well in the cockpit, but I just hate the lack of wheel-to-wheel vision I have. If the mirrors were effective, I would certainly switch to cockpit.

14. I just found that mod..... And it's your mod Graham :) Great work ;)

15. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

I think the only car that has poor mirrors is the Williams.... the mirrors are actually out off the screen lol. But the rest of the cars are all fine. And the mirrors work amazingly in the years game. so much so that i was able to turn off the proximity arrows :)

16. Tv cam is another assist....drivers playing with no assists should drive in cockpit cam. The mirrors are good in this game!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Maybe Massa should use the TV pod view. :O_o::thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 2