Why do tracks look horrendous ?

Tobbe Bergman

@Simberia
So I bought rF2 lifetime last week after trying the demo.
Downloaded some mod tracks and most of the look absolutely horrendous !
The trees are semi transparent and shadow are flickering all over the place !
If rF2 had the graphics of AC it would be a no brainer for sure !

Motherboard - ASUS Z97-DELUXE
CPU - Intel Core i7-4790K
SSD's - Samsung SSD 840 EVO
RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 16GB
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4GB PhysX
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U14S
PSU - Corsair HS 750

Last edited by a moderator:
(Probably stating the obvious)..........but if I remember correctly, certainly from previous builds ensure you control ALL graphic settings in game and not with nvidia control panel/inspector. (Ensure it set to default).
With the exception to the odd dodgy mod, you should be able to get great graphics. Maybe not to AC standards, but close enough.!
I've been using Amd graphics for a while now, so hopefully more knowledgable users will offer more advice as they wake up!?
It's a bit of a pain, but just keep tweaking.........it's worth it!!

(Probably stating the obvious)..........but if I remember correctly, certainly from previous builds ensure you control ALL graphic settings in game and not with nvidia control panel/inspector. (Ensure it set to default).
With the exception to the odd dodgy mod, you should be able to get great graphics. Maybe not to AC standards, but close enough.!
I've been using Amd graphics for a while now, so hopefully more knowledgable users will offer more advice as they wake up!?
It's a bit of a pain, but just keep tweaking.........it's worth it!!

Yes I use Kunos advice and let the Sim control everything that has the "let software control" option.

Still haven't found good versions of:

Monza
Imola
Nordschleife
Brands Hatch

If rF2 had the graphics of AC it would be a no brainer for sure !

rF2 doesn't make use of bloom, vignette and DOF blur (yet) (click here)
Blur "hides" some imperfections in replay's and screenshots. That's why i think AC 3rd mod tracks are more easy to look good with less effort.

But...
ISI dev turtles quote:
"The only fx I would like to see (as a user), personally speaking, it's a proper replay CAM DOF and some realistic lens effect on top of it. That's it. Still, no prio."

grab_008-jpg.94957

With some Blur and vignette: Better? It's a personal preference thingy...
Attachment.jpg

Another example: Any one who owns rF1 knows this track. With some blur, it gets another dimensions.

Blur "hides" some imperfections in replay's and screenshots. That's why i think AC 3rd mod tracks are more easy to look good with less effort.

But...
ISI dev turtles quote:
"The only fx I would like to see (as a user), personally speaking, it's a proper replay CAM DOF and some realistic lens effect on top of it. That's it. Still, no prio."

grab_008-jpg.94957

View attachment 109172

Another example: Any one who owns rF1 knows this track. With some blur, it gets another dimensions.

That vid could have been AC for sure ;)

But...
ISI dev turtles quote:

grab_008-jpg.94957

View attachment 109172

I wish I could get that colouring from that video in my rF2, my colours look washed out all the time no matter what I try.
rFactor looks way more vibrant and colours seem richer than rF2.
Any idea's?

I wish I could get that colouring from that video in my rF2, my colours look washed out all the time no matter what I try.
rFactor looks way more vibrant and colours seem richer than rF2.
Any idea's?

:), There used be lots of complains about to much saturation and vibrance a few builds ago. So they abjusted it.

I presume you have HDR enabled? HDR off will give you bleached colors.

What you could do is turn up "digital vibrance" a bit. It has no preformance impact. :)

nvidia05-100022922-orig.png

:), There used be lots of complains about to much saturation and vibrance a few builds ago. So they abjusted it.

I presume you have HDR enabled? HDR off will give you bleached colors.

What you could do is turn up "digital vibrance" a bit. It has no preformance impact. :)

nvidia05-100022922-orig.png
WOW! Gijs! that has made hell of a difference, much much better now with that colour setting upped a bit(had HDR enabled).
Thanks! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::thumbsup:

@Mikaela Andersson
The racer factor guys and mcnolo recently updated Monza... Google should find that for you, most codies conversions look flat in rf2 though and suffer from flickering textures, z fighting etc.
Imola 2004 is a gtr2 conversion that looks like.. Well old. Brands looks like crap.
I only have stock and the very best 3rd party / conversions / scratch content installed and only reluctantly install tracks of low quality for league purposes that are deleted as soon as the race is over. I still have over 40 high quality tracks to keep me busy. The other 100s of poorer ones are just stored on an external HDD. Over time you'll get to recognise certain modders/converters names for high or low quality mods/tracks.

@Mikaela Andersson
The racer factor guys and mcnolo recently updated Monza... Google should find that for you, most codies conversions look flat in rf2 though and suffer from flickering textures, z fighting etc.
Imola 2004 is a gtr2 conversion that looks like.. Well old. Brands looks like crap.
I only have stock and the very best 3rd party / conversions / scratch content installed and only reluctantly install tracks of low quality for league purposes that are deleted as soon as the race is over. I still have over 40 high quality tracks to keep me busy. The other 100s of poorer ones are just stored on an external HDD. Over time you'll get to recognise certain modders/converters names for high or low quality mods/tracks.

Sorry -No luck with Google on that updated Monza track :(

No current news on McNolo's twitter ??? https://twitter.com/mandeglor

If you got info on "the very best 3rd party" tracks I'd be grateful :thumbsup:

I only use high quality tracks/cars !

Last edited by a moderator:
Look in the notes section of my facebook page... lots of beautiful tracks in there from Digga and Senormen, Recently a 45km scratch made Japanese track called Nsuka with 10 seperate layouts and Alex Coutie has just released a scratch made Road America.

All the racerfactor tracks are listed with D/load links in Mcnolos forum... maybe you need activating.

Look in the notes section of my facebook page... lots of beautiful tracks in there from Digga and Senormen, Recently a 45km scratch made Japanese track called Nsuka with 10 seperate layouts and Alex Coutie has just released a scratch made Road America.

All the racerfactor tracks are listed with D/load links in Mcnolos forum... maybe you need activating.
i have got some great tracks from here

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back