GT5 Why do people boot for no reason on Public Lobbies?

I just don't get it, my friend gets in so i follow, i met host's requirements and im just sitting parked then all of sudden i get the boot??:mad:. Lot of CLOWNS hosting lobbies on GT5. I find GT5's "Lobbies" for the most part worst than Race07's public lobbies. I think i better just stay away from GT5 "pubbies" and just race with you guys on Sundays :) And please no one suggest GT Planet for i'm simply not interested in that site whats so ever. RD or no way!.

I certainly agree that there are a lot of clowns hosting lobbies for GT5, and pretty much any other game you care to mention. Having said that, they may have a genuine reason behind their decision to boot people. I say this is because I hosted last night's RD event in a public lobby. I had to boot non-RD members on three occasions, and did so without telling them why. To be fair the lobby was titled 'Please Do Not Join' which should have given them some clue, but I'm sure some people host lobbies with 'restrictions' that only they are privy to.

RD or no way!.

That's the way! :D

I agree, I got booted yesterday when the guy who was bashing everyone who tried to pass him, told the host to kick me. I got my own back by sending a message to the host letting him know what happened and he thanked me whilst the offender got booted too :cool:

I have been thinking about hosting more often to get some better quality racing. I'm not an RD official so labeling the room RD isn't allowed. I could send a friend request and let you know if I find some good clean racing. I sometimes go into drift rooms though when I'm bored and there's no good racing online. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person;)

Keep an eye out for rooms run by GTP_SpitRacer. He runs a vintage 440/460 PP series that attracts a very high quality crowd. Muscle cars are allowed 460 PP and euros are handicapped to 440 PP.

I'm thinking about running some faster cars in my server like the LMP or GT1/LM race classes. I also run the Ferrarri F1 2007 class at times.

I have been thinking about hosting more often to get some better quality racing. I'm not an RD official so labeling the room RD isn't allowed. I could send a friend request and let you know if I find some good clean racing. I sometimes go into drift rooms though when I'm bored and there's no good racing online. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person;)

It doesn't make you a bad person at all what so ever:). I only know how to drift by mistake lol!:D Thank you for the offer. Hirowazu is my non RD PSN id if you would like to add me, but my serious GT5 racing will be done here with Ross and the gang. Can you also add a good friend of mine who is a clean, respectful driver? his id is Cdn_bmxer, if you can leave a message with him letting him know that i recommend him to you so he knows whats going on.

We are not online all the time but we do like to get together twice a week and usually it is just him and i on a track just racing each other. We like to run custom tracks rather than the default tracks that are in the game.Don't get me wrong, we still like the original tracks but we have been having more fun with the custom tracks. Regards Hiroshi.

Happened to me tonight for the first time. Twice. It seems a lot of people are trying out karting for the first time with the new content, myself included. However, while it took me about half an hour to realise that A) the 100cc is far better suited to the new indoor track than the 125, and B) you go quicker round the lap by shortening the transmission to about 68mph, a lot of others haven't.

The reason I got kicked twice? First time I don't know, the host never replied to my PM. The second time was for being too fast!!! I suggested to the guy that he try using a 100cc with the gear shortened a bit, and got a PM about 15 minutes later apologising...

I've seen hosts kicking just because they didn't like someone's nationality before, and for other pretty feeble reasons. Don't take it personally, and find another server. After my kick for being too fast, I found a lobby full of German guys racing karts and had an absolute blast :cool:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%