Why do I have to floor it to get it in first?

So every time I want to go from N to 1st, the car will stall unless I have at least 5k RPMs making nearly every first gear a burnout.

Is there a way to lower this to a more realistic 400-1200 RPM range?

Sounds like your using manaul clutch. Push the clutch in. Manual or auto clutch is one of the F buttons on your keyboard. Sorry I don't remember which # it is. Just run through them. You'll get a message window open to let you know what it's done.

I've been messing around with this sometimes, putting the clutch onto my brake pedal just to try it;) In Race07 I could do the exact same thing I can do in real life, letting the car run on base rpm-s without throttle. In rF it just doesn't work. Don't know if it's the improved engine in Race, or rF is also capable of that just the cars were done wrong. But in this Race07 is certainly more realistic. If a 75bhp Ford Fiesta is able to do that, any car should be able to do that in these games:)

Basically, you won't be able to shift into 1st without using the clutch if you're using manual clutch. I would assume that in real life you do need to depress the clutch pedal and rev it up a bit when starting from a standstill. I recall my Grandfather doing that...

The Fiesta could start without touching the gas pedal. But it was a diesel. In the Citroen Berlingo, yes, you need to rev it up just a very little bit to start, but after that it'll go on base revs just like the Fiesta. This was one of the things I loved when I was learning to drive a real car, the other thing was to know how useful the mirrors really are! Man since then I hate that no game has correctly set mirrors!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back