F1 2013 Why did I have to play Forza 5 :(

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I never played any kind of Sim other than GT 1 and 3 back in the day and I have no memory of them really other than Feeder lol. So F1 2010-13 were the only kind of more serious racers I've played since those days, everything else was Mario Kart or Trackmania. I just wish I never bothered with Forza 5 now, I bought an Xbox One for it as I thought I was getting into racers more thanx to F1 2013 and finally turning all assists off. The problem I have now is Forza 5 just feels so much better, I cannot go back to F1 2013... it just feels like an arcade racer compared, like totally unrealistic, to where before I thought it felt pretty good.

I just wish Forza 5 was a good game lol, the physics are great and have ruined F1 2013 for me, but the actual game is crap :( I just hope Codemasters go full sim and take a year out for F! 2015.

F1 2013 is an arcade racer....on very mild steroids.

Was never supposed to be, and will ever be anything else.

As the old saying goes....." CM's could fall into a bath full of boobs....and come out sucking their thumb".

Ha Ha ..... I wasn't talking about you ML ..... it was the OP I was making the 'dumping' comment to. (Not so obvious now, when I re-read it).

It's just a coincidence that this week there are 2 threads essentially saying, "I've tried something else .... bye bye F1 2013" :)

I quoted you for the funny bit ...... so the " ..... or worse :whistling:" was directed at you.

You've convinced me that I must try Forza 5 some time, though I didn't rate '4' at all (maybe for the same reasons you don't rate '5'). More convincing would be needed to spend over £400 to be able to play it though ;). Still enjoying F1 2013 here, as an overall package.

I agree with Miffy on pretty much all of the points he raised.

I got the One on release and instantly fell in love with Forza 5. Everything about it blows my mind.. I race on one of the leagues, so was forced to put F1 2013 back in a few days back to practice our opening race..
To be honest, it was reminiscent of the time I went back to see if Alex The Kid on Master system was really as good as I thought it was. Turns out it ATK was wank when I wanted for it to be amazing.. F1, well, I didn't expect much of a difference going back, but it felt a huge step-down.. Perhaps not as big as my somewhat hyperbolic ATK bit...
I have to continue playing F1 2013, but I'm not going to be spending much time on it apart from that. Forza 5 is just too fun. Can't wait for the wheels to be released

I dont know, I don't find Forza 5 that good a game honestly. Now this has everything to do with having a proper setup on my PC vs playing with a pad on the XboxOne but I just don't have that drive to put Forza into that tray.

What is it that makes it great, cause it sure aint the physics as they are just dumb once you turn off all the assists. A slight push of the thumb stick on a 20 degree corner going 120 kph and your car is upside down and facing the wrong way. Ok maybe that doesn't happen all the time but it has.

Does it get better later on in the game because the thing I hate about it is having to chore through road cars.

Seriously people, go post stuff like this in the Forza pages or wait until CM have their forums back up.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

EDIT - besides, it should be better, you paid enough. It's a new,. more powerful system and a new game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 451 39.3%