General Why did ASR delete all of there mods off of RD

Regardless of whether they were right or wrong, they could have easily have given more professional answers or just taken their business elsewhere without causing a fuss.

Instead they acted like spoiled children, and have now taken to facebook to vent their anger -

"in fact we continue to offer support to those who write us by mail, pm or comment on our socials, because our real showroom is you, our users."

Too bad they blocked me from posting there...

Regardless of whether they were right or wrong, they could have easily have given more professional answers or just taken their business elsewhere without causing a fuss.

Instead they acted like spoiled children, and have now taken to facebook to vent their anger -

Too bad they blocked me from posting there...

I've read and professional answer was given imho, but you continued to attack them with futile motives and insistently. Just for you, who did that job, I did not expect it.

From what I see, the children are you.

This is pathetic from ASR. It's a shame since I liked their released mods, being among the only ones worth downloading for this game as they were seriously done and were of higher quality than most, but what they've done here is outright inexcusably bad, and with their recent actions, I see no reason to defend them. I hope the FIA goes after them.

I've read and professional answer was given imho, but you continued to attack them with futile motives and insistently. Just for you, who did that job, I did not expect it.

From what I see, the children are you.
All you've been doing is shilling for them everywhere and acting even more like a spoiled child than ASR. In fact, you only have 5 posts, all of which are ASR-related and use the same false arguments over and over, and your activity feed is entirely about agreeing with anyone and everyone who mindlessly defends ASR. At this point it is absolutely clear that you are doing this on purpose. These forums would be better off without people like you, just like they are without the likes of ASR. Reported.

Last edited:
Well qualitywise not a big loss imo.

But must say that this mod policing has become ridicilous. There's a report button for that kind of situations but some people insist to go to a ego trip and act like wannabe moderators.

Well qualitywise not a big loss imo.

But must say that this mod policing has become ridicilous. There's a report button for that kind of situations but some people insist to go to a ego trip and act like wannabe moderators.
Having lurked here for years, generally the moderators are too lenient here or have their own agendas, so I wouldn't rely on them too much.

Having lurked here for years, generally the moderators are too lenient here or have their own agendas, so I wouldn't rely on them too much.

It has nothing to do with the fact that a regular user has no right to jump on other users about legality of mods. There's a report button for that.
Shouldn't be too hard to understand.

@Arthur Rag as you are here representing ASR (Which I have to believe, seeing as your only posts are on these threads, and your names are in the credits for ASR2), let me give you some advice on running a business:
1. A professional reply does not include insults or swearing

2. Businesses live and die on there reputations, and you have just poisoned yours on the biggest forum in sim racing at the moment.

3. The word 'Donation' does not change the fact you are changing money for a service, in your case access to a mod. Think of it this way, if at your supermarket, you had to make a 'Donation' to access the food, you'd think they are scammers. I suspect you are attempting to use the word 'Donation' to get around tax, or get around the licencing issues with the cars you offer. Others are in breech of this as well of course, but you are attempting to start a business out of this, and the onus to act morally increases.

4. Giving away an extra is still a part of the sale. The 'Skin Pack' that caused the big controversy is offered by ASR, and only available to ASR2 purchasers. Think of a happy meal with a free toy, the toy isn't free. You are still paying for it with the original purchase.
Italian Copyright laws are not different very different to the rest of the developed world, and I am confident you are in breech of them.

It has nothing to do with the fact that a regular user has no right to jump on other users about legality of mods. There's a report button for that.
Shouldn't be too hard to understand.
Well the situation changes a little once money is involved. At first people where simply asking for clarification but that didn't go anywhere.

Well the situation changes a little once money is involved. At first people where simply asking for clarification but that didn't go anywhere.

I saw how it went. In the point where doubts of the legality arised the correct action would've been to use the report button, not to start to lay the law to other user.
:)

We were flooded with reports from the other thread, and because we had 15+ reports from the one topic alone, it took our team a little bit of time to comb through the entire thread and sort out all of the reports, as they were all submitted within a couple of hours of each other.

As we are all volunteers, we have to focus our lives to our jobs, which actually supports our living. All staff and moderators on this site are not getting paid to do this, so the right people for a job are not always online at the busiest of times, as we normally go days with only one or two reports.

I hope you are not insisting that the moderators are incapable of their jobs, as without them, the modding section would not exist and you would not have a central location to find all of the mods you want.

And as stated now a number of times, please do not take it into your own hands. The report button is there for a reason, and if you feel like a post is against our ToS then be sure to hit that report button and we will deal with it in the correct manner once the relevant staff member is online.

@Coffer

This is sooo funny. Yeah I have only 5 post so? I'm new here, I always read as a extarnal user, then I decided to subscribe.

@GT VIRUS

I'm not representing asr. My credits on asr2? Are you drunk? What are you talking about? You said you didn't buy this mod, so how could you check their credits? Did you finish to say bullshit?

I'm a simple common user not a modder, a simple user who like drive mod and able to think with his own mind. And what you are doing here is very simple and evident. And to be clear I'll do the same with other modding team like VRC or RSS if there was a post like this.

Now since you're rolling out the beta early access, which you did not seem to understand at all how it woks, you would be so kind to explain us why you don't write the same thing, with the same insistence, also for VRC who is doing exactly the same thing?

The credits are literally on ASR's front page, but yeah I made a mistake, you are not named.

For a 'simple common user' you seem to care an awful lot more about this than most. As for the other groups, I didn't know VRC did that tactic, and others I have mentioned it too, and they accepted the feedback and moved on.

Why I care about this? Because I have to do the right thing! I have 2 tracks that are at release quality, and I would love to release them to the public. Why? I am unable to get licences to release them. I can't claim to ask for donations to release it, I'd get sued for everything I make.

Now, since you seem to be such a legal expert, what makes you think that paid early access to copyrighted material is legal? Because there are no examples I can think of where that is the case. But the Unauthorized use of copyrighted material is illegal, charged or not. Modders get by mostly on 'No Harm, No Foul' but with notable exceptions on some F1 mods and on anything with Porsche in it. But be assured, we do not have the rights to any of it. And if as a community we allow the blatant misuse of copyright by charging for copyrighted work, manufactures will come down hard. By being self-disciplined as a community, we are more likely to be left alone to enjoy our hobby.

A clear example of what can happen is in the flight-sim genre. To start with, most flight sim planes didn't have licences. But as more people started charging for addon planes, the more the manufactures noticed. Now you cannot release any plane from Boeing, Airbus or any other major manufacture without licencing.

So, now I've given a nice detailed answer, challenge is on the ASR people to respond with some logic and reason, and not resort to insults and swearing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%