F1 2011 Why can I do 108s without DRS but online race stuck 111s 112s Montreal?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, I was wondering if someone can teach me how to set up for race and Quali? I am not asking for anyone's setup just how to set up for race online?

I tested in time trials without drs for Montreal and I was able to do 108, but in race i am stuck in 111 and 112? Why would this happen?

How does setup for time trial, Quali and race? I think testing without DRS would put me in 109s at least in online race. Can someone help me on this?

The car will always be faster in time trials, as that is more arcade mode instead of simulation. In time trials you will always have more engine power and higher grip levels, so will be around 3-4 seconds faster than in career or on-line mode.

Agree with both posts above.
The TT is like the fuel load on your last lap and options from your quali lap or better.
The grip levels throw out your setup from ideal for GP/Online for a few reasons:
1) Exit speed is higher so top speeds are higher (wrong gearing)
2) Less wing is needed so speeds are higher (wrong gearing)
3) Car works ok on less than optimum camber /spring/arb/brake balance settings due to high grip.
5) No real fuel load.
6) generally too hard to tell if setup changes are moving you in a good or bad direction. The car just handles too well.EG turn 5/6 in Sepang will not oversteer in TT but with race conditions as below serious oversteer issues at speed.

Recommend using RedBull in GP mode. 25 or 30 laps of fuel and primes. Mix 2 no KERS or DRS to help find optimum race setup.
You will feel any balance issues much more and setup changes will have 3 times the impact on your lap time as in TT.
Also do one lap with low fuel / options and Mix 3 DRS/KERS to set 7th gear.
Then a couple of quali sessions online to fine tune to your Online car.

Agree with both posts above.
The TT is like the fuel load on your last lap and options from your quali lap or better.
The grip levels throw out your setup from ideal for GP/Online for a few reasons:
1) Exit speed is higher so top speeds are higher (wrong gearing)
2) Less wing is needed so speeds are higher (wrong gearing)
3) Car works ok on less than optimum camber /spring/arb/brake balance settings due to high grip.
5) No real fuel load.
6) generally too hard to tell if setup changes are moving you in a good or bad direction. The car just handles too well.EG turn 5/6 in Sepang will not oversteer in TT but with race conditions as below serious oversteer issues at speed.

Recommend using RedBull in GP mode. 25 or 30 laps of fuel and primes. Mix 2 no KERS or DRS to help find optimum race setup.
You will feel any balance issues much more and setup changes will have 3 times the impact on your lap time as in TT.
Also do one lap with low fuel / options and Mix 3 DRS/KERS to set 7th gear.
Then a couple of quali sessions online to fine tune to your Online car.
Thank you for the info.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back