1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Why always dry/sunny

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Xosé Estrada, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I re-read the rules and I realized that the weather is fixed in dry-sunny for the on line leagues.

I only wanted to know, just by curiosity, why is not a good idea to randomize weather in order to make environment more realistic. Like all of us like the maximum realism possible I suppose there is a good reason.

Thnx!

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I feel you there buddy. Would be a good suggestion for next season for sure. You have my vote.
    But this year we did it dry because some had really big FPS problems when we drove a wet race at puebla.
    But would love to race some wets next season and i think there will be a big change that the weatherman drops some showers :thumb:

3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

We will certainly include weather changes in our FD Series events in the near future. It's all part of our development plans to get people to try things they haven't normally done. Keep tuned.

4. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Perfect then, I'm really enjoying racing with you in RPM, very serious and I think the most close to real racing you can have in a PC, all the organizers are doing a fantastic job every day :hippie:

Cya!.

5. I am not in the tournament. But say you do come across rain at Puebla... RACE IT! No matter how slow you have to go. You can't just make it sunny and race easily in real life.

6. Neil Tennant

Neil Tennant
    @ Simberia @Simberia

should we really be racing puebla anyway? its not in the wtcc no more :p

7. well my PC can hardly handle RACE in sunny conditions in the rain i cant play it
    i dont get it way race is asking so much of a pc becuse it hardly looks beter then GTR2 and thats running fine in both rain and sunny conditions

i'm for rain races but my pc isnt very happy with that he cant swim

8. Tja, a lot of computers have a lot of FPS lagg with rain :(
    And because you want everyone to drive, you make it sunny :) IMO

9. :) and i'm not the guy that wants to spent mony on his pc i'm telling my self almost a year to get a new pc but i'm saving for a new car :D and i rather have the new car

10. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I would go for the high spec pc pedro :)

About the tournament, nothing is decided yet about the future outlines and i cant speak on behalf the RD but i cant imagine that we every drive that track again (omg i hate it so much, driving on ice!)

11. hmmm i don't think so if u know whats going to replace the seat leon
    it a 4 cilinder engine, it only has 2 seats, and u can drive it topless :)

12. With the new weather dynamics promised in RACE 07 I am hoping the next succession of WTCC tournaments (and indeed online racing in general) include either random weather changes or varied weather pertinent to the region being raced.

As for FPS problems people are experiencing. I feel for you, I really do, but the burden is on you to invest "Some" money on newer hardware.
    You can not expect to run new software on hardware that this more than 2 years old (Or not optimised as a gaming platform)and expect to run it beyond your machine is compatible of to run, just so you can experience the graphical "Eye candy".
    If you can not run the appropriate software in all aspects at a good playable frame rate, (20fps) on the lowest of settings, then you do have to ask yourself, am I really being fair participating in such tournament events!

Maybe a poll should made to find out what hardware people are using and whether it's enough to race competitively.
    At least that way we know for sure what the majority of the participating members are using for hardware and work towards that. If not already...

Compromises are always good, but how much compromise is necessary before it becomes pandering to the people who can not or wont invest some capital to run the software at the general expense to the rest.
    This is a hobby, and like all hobbies. Capital investment is a requisite in maintaining and continuing ones participation!

Brad.

13. i would love to have variable weather, my pc seems to have no problem running race what-so-ever but i occasional take a frame rate drop in GTR2 for some reason,have no idea why,but there you go, computers for you.

ps: it seems my computer laps up the more graphics intensive stuff but struggles with the easier ones. i don't get it.

any technical wizards here have any tips.

Dave