F1 2013 Whose going to get f1 2013

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Definitely be buying it just as I have 2010 / 2011/ 2012 (for Xbox). Countless hours spent on each of these games have more than made the purchase price worth it and I see no reason why 2013 will be any different. Yes each of them have had issues but the bottom line is those issues have been far outweighted by the enjoyment garnered from playing them all.

• Deleted member 147278

Yes i will ... since i got F1 2001 , F1 05 , F1 06 , F1 2010 , F1 2011 , F1 2012 i have this need for having F1 2013 Classic edition

What HAS happened to it anyway? It's still the same engine (with some graphic tweaks), so the basic file structure should be the same. Or is it? Or did they somehow encapsulate the game content (car models, textures etc) in some un-unpackable objects and you can't replace the files anymore?

EDIT: No, wait, I saw the GRID2 section here at RD and they have livery mods, camera mods, some of the guys are working on the physics... :unsure:

The point I was trying to make was that Grid2 is moddable to a degree, but aspects of it are not.

Database for example, isn't. DLC packed into files that cannot be opened (as yet).

Most of the things you would like to mod, would cause game save failure, even in single player mode.

F1 2013 will be just like the other offerings as basically a dumbed up console game, not a true written for PC title. All I was saying is that in every likelyhood, there will be other titles available soon specifically designed for PC users, that may well earn my pennies more so than F1 2013.

This may change of course with the new next gen consoles on the horizon for the F1 2014 title, who knows.

The F1 series of games do have their moments, but overall and in general terms it could and should be better.

I'll probably stick with F1 2012 for some time yet given how much time I've spent modding it to my liking, thanks in no small part to the wonderful work of many of the lads on this forum.

If codemasters fixed the flaws for the 2013 game then it may be worth the purchase price, but there are still some issues going back to the 2010 game which have not been properly adressed and my general feeling is that codemasters are a lazy developer and that they'll f**k it up again. I've already noticed from some of the videos for example that some corners give a 'corner cutting' warning for pretty much taking the correct racing line whilst others you can cheat your way through, cutting off half the bloody track seemingly. That was an issue in 2010.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but given codies history to date with the series I'm sceptical that they will make a general overall improvement, rather than it being a case of one step forward, two steps back. I'll stay with 2012, at least until the lads on here get to work on the new game.

I'll probably get this one instead of F1 2012 for my new PC. Sure it'll be more expensive but '90-s content is a great nostalgia factor for me, I started watching F1 in '96 (few races)-'97, and played GP2/GP3 a lot when I was a kid. And maybe it'll have better multiplayer functionality as well, although for that purpose I'll probably have other sims:)

It looks more like expansion than new standalone game for full price. Probably won`t buy them anymore unless CM adds lots of new features and finally fix AI, pits and savegame bugs. Which probably won`t happen..

To be completely honest, the F1 series had fallen off my radar a bit - but then today I came across a video that put it firmly back on there - I have wanted classic cars in F1 since the start! Do we know which series will be in there? I really want 1989 and 1994! Senna v Prost and Schumacher vs Hill, with us right in the middle of it all! And presumably that means we'll get all the classic tracks back like Imola?

Also it probably means frequent DLC for different eras; this is a win-win situation, Codies. Win for you, because you get more money, and win for us because we get all the Classic content we've been craving!

To clarify: this classic content is available on all versions of the game including PC?

Edit: @Hakana: 'Classic ****'? You mean when the drivers had to drive a car that was slithering around all over the place - with a stick shift gear change? The era of Senna, Prost, Mansell, Piquet? Sorry - but the Classic era thrashes the pants of modern F1 - and there was no 'artificial' overtaking either.

Bring it on! I can't wait.

Edit: Presumably this does mean classic drivers/seasons as well? Bit of a let down if that's not the case.

Ah - I've just read that there will be no Senna. What the hell? Hopefully the PC modders can fix that oversight - what is 80s F1 with no Senna?? And no Marlboro McLaren either - if ever there was an iconic classic F1 car, it was that.

What about the sparks the cars always used to make - will they make it in? The showers of sparks as cars bottomed out was one of the most spectacular sights in classic F1.

Last edited:
To be completely honest, the F1 series had fallen off my radar a bit - but then today I came across a video that put it firmly back on there - I have wanted classic cars in F1 since the start! Do we know which series will be in there? I really want 1989 and 1994! Senna v Prost and Schumacher vs Hill, with us right in the middle of it all! And presumably that means we'll get all the classic tracks back like Imola?

Edit: @Hakana: 'Classic ****'? You mean when the drivers had to drive a car that was slithering around all over the place - with a stick shift gear change? The era of Senna, Prost, Mansell, Piquet? Sorry - but the Classic era thrashes the pants of modern F1 - and there was no 'artificial' overtaking either.

Edit: Presumably this does mean classic drivers/seasons as well? Bit of a let down if that's not the case.

Ah - I've just read that there will be no Senna. What the hell? Hopefully the PC modders can fix that oversight - what is 80s F1 with no Senna?? And no Marlboro McLaren either - if ever there was an iconic classic F1 car, it was that.

What about the sparks the cars always used to make - will they make it in? The showers of sparks as cars bottomed out was one of the most spectacular sights in classic F1.

Three years after, they have not managed to get a decent feeling and modeling of the current cars (IMHO), I would not expect wonders from their classic simulation. It will be probably a change of livery, sounds and couple of parameters here and there to make the car feel different (not right, or accurate, simply different).

As for seasons, all classic tracks, all drivers... I would wait seated.

Also it probably means frequent DLC for different eras; this is a win-win situation, Codies. Win for you, because you get more money, and win for us because we get all the Classic content we've been craving!

To clarify: this classic content is available on all versions of the game including PC?

Bring it on! I can't wait.

Did you read this: http://www.racedepartment.com/2013/07/f1-2013-the-game-facts-and-screenshots/
There you have all history classic that will be in-game.

I won't be buying it, but my reason for not buying F1 2013 is the same reason why I couldn't buy F1 2012. You see my PC is a little dated, it is still running Windows XP, but for the vast majority of my home computing needs, there is nothing wrong with my PC. However the F1 2012 and 2013 titles stopped supporting XP so unless I want to upgrade my OS, I am out of luck and well it makes no sense for me right now to upgrade my home PC for the latest F1 titles when I hear the game has not really evolved that much to the point where forking out money on a whole new PC is worthwhile.

In the last few years I have not done a whole lot of virtual sim driving. In fact this summer I got into some real world Kart racing (I own and race a Rotax DD2 Kart now) and I have been pretty pre-occupied with my real world Karting. However this last weekend I did brush off my copy of F1 2011 and was practicing to do a 100% race distance in Australia. But there are a couple of things that turned me off of the F1 2011 title and back to my original copy of F1 2010. Yes the driving physics as well as the graphics in F1 2011 are far superior to F1 2010. But the tire bug in F1 2011 is annoying (the work around does not seem to work for me) and the Legends AI drives away too fast while the Professional AI is too slow. Now my heavily modified AI from F1 2010 is just right for me. I can do Legends AI races and it is just right. It is unfortunate that the driving physics and graphics are inferior, but it is what it is. Because I refuse to buy a new PC at this time (my real world Karting has been eating up plenty of what spare money I may have), I am stuck playing the older iterations of this game.

Oh and one last thing happened to me this weekend playing F1 2011 and F1 2010. I am so used to the physical abuse my real world Rotax DD2 inflicts on my body through the 2-3 Gs I experience in every corner, when I was playing these games I was thinking to myself, now this isn't right, this is too easy, this corner would be really tough on the body, while that corner wouldn't be too bad. Of course I will never get to experience the 4-5 Gs of a real world F1 car, but the 2-3 Gs of my Rotax DD2 is enough punishment for my semi-old body. LOL

Last edited:
Definitely be buying it just as I have 2010 / 2011/ 2012 (for Xbox). Countless hours spent on each of these games have more than made the purchase price worth it and I see no reason why 2013 will be any different. Yes each of them have had issues but the bottom line is those issues have been far outweighted by the enjoyment garnered from playing them all.
Well said - Ditto. I will be back for F1 2013 :D

Although I'm a bit dissapointed in the number of new things added to the game, i'm still in !
The legendary cars option really took me over the line. I've hoped for that for some years now, now we finally get it. Also the extra circuits are cool. Hopefully they come up with some add-ons for more (old) circuits and cars from the 80ies. Can't wait for the day to drive on circuits like the old Osterreichring or Zandvoort.

I refuse to buy games that have horrible limited online interraction. Most importantly i will never buy games that are ported over from xbox. If the developers want my money they had better cater for people like me and not just their profits and their share holders.

I would also like a realistic character model with real life graphics :) if they wont do it then it's cool with me I just wont be paying for it.

It's PC or nothing - I didn't buy a PC to play ported xbox games !

Last edited:
It's PC or nothing - I didn't buy a PC to play ported xbox games !
So I guess, you didn't play many (racing)games in the past then? ;) Must have missed quite a lot. Be happy games come even from console to pc else you'd have to buy a console as well (well, I own one because some games did not come to pc).

Should get better in the next gen, until then: Majority plays on console, profit lies there, hardwareweakness lies there - so games will be developed for that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back