Who's using SimVibe with AC?

I'm considering buying Sim Commander 3 for AC, but I've read old threads that indicate that Assetto Corsa is only partially supported by SC3. I've also read that more functionality will be brought to Assetto Corsa with SC4, and that there is a beta version of SC4. I have questions. Those of you who are using SC3 with AC, what functions does it offer? And what about the beta, is it fully supportive, or is it still missing functions? If I were to buy SC3 today, would I get a free upgrade when SC4 is released? They're asking quite a bit for the software, and I don't want to pay it twice. I sent an e-mail to SimXperience with these questions, and the short response left me more confused. Any advice is appreciated.

BTW, I intend only to get 2 transducers and run them in extensions mode. I want to buy cheap ones. Do you guys think that a Dayton Puck will have enough bump if I mount it directly to the wire undermesh of my racing seat? I'm using a real car seat pulled out of a 95 Silverado, and I intend to mount the transducer right to it on the bottom. I don't think I'll need a full-blown Buttkicker for that, do you?

Thanks guys.

I'm considering buying Sim Commander 3 for AC, but I've read old threads that indicate that Assetto Corsa is only partially supported by SC3. I've also read that more functionality will be brought to Assetto Corsa with SC4, and that there is a beta version of SC4. I have questions. Those of you who are using SC3 with AC, what functions does it offer? And what about the beta, is it fully supportive, or is it still missing functions? If I were to buy SC3 today, would I get a free upgrade when SC4 is released? They're asking quite a bit for the software, and I don't want to pay it twice. I sent an e-mail to SimXperience with these questions, and the short response left me more confused. Any advice is appreciated.

BTW, I intend only to get 2 transducers and run them in extensions mode. I want to buy cheap ones. Do you guys think that a Dayton Puck will have enough bump if I mount it directly to the wire undermesh of my racing seat? I'm using a real car seat pulled out of a 95 Silverado, and I intend to mount the transducer right to it on the bottom. I don't think I'll need a full-blown Buttkicker for that, do you?

Thanks guys.

I have to say 2 things.

Sim Commander 4 fully supports AC, Sim Commander 3 does not.

Don't buy cheap transducers, go for buttkickers.

Fully supports, eh? That's great! I know the SC4 beta comes with SC3 purchase, but when the full version of SC4 comes out, will it be free to SC3 owners?

With SC3 coming in at a whopping $89 (ridiculous, but I'm going to pay it) I don't think I can afford to get Buttkickers yet. I think I'll have to go with something cheaper, then upgrade a while later.

Thanks Stelios.

Fully supports, eh? That's great! I know the SC4 beta comes with SC3 purchase, but when the full version of SC4 comes out, will it be free to SC3 owners?

With SC3 coming in at a whopping $89 (ridiculous, but I'm going to pay it) I don't think I can afford to get Buttkickers yet. I think I'll have to go with something cheaper, then upgrade a while later.

Thanks Stelios.

Yes, sim commander 3 owners get 4 for free.

The difference between cheap transducers and buttkickers is ridiculous :)

I couldn't find anything that says the production version of SC4 would be gratis for current SC3 owners. So I'm a little cautious about making a comment on it.

The Beta does fully support AC and it's awesome :D

I use 4 BK300's, one on each corner of my rig. It's way more than what's needed, but I had them, so I used them. Couldn't find the post on the AC forums but I do remember a couple of opinions on which brand of transducers would work better than others.

Idling in rF2

I use the dayton pucks and aura shaker and I don't even come close to using all power and shakes my rig apart. I have butt shakers for Drum stage setups, they are serious overkill. Also you want to use multiple transducers because they can only do one thing at a time. It's like sending multiple bass signals to one subwoofer it just turns into mush.

I use the dayton pucks and aura shaker and I don't even come close to using all power and shakes my rig apart. I have butt shakers for Drum stage setups, they are serious overkill. Also you want to use multiple transducers because they can only do one thing at a time. It's like sending multiple bass signals to one subwoofer it just turns into mush.

Nice to know there's other audio engineers on here ;)

Kevin Villers confirmed to me via e-mail that the full version SC4 is a free upgrade if I buy SC3. That's good news.

I've been shopping around, and being someone who has no experience with systems like this, the amps and ohms are confusing me. Can anyone recommend a cheap amp that will power two Aura bass shakers like the ones in the link? I'd like one that doesn't require too much technical skill, or "do it yourselfing." I'm going to start with one Aura under my seat, and another under my pedals, then maybe I'll get some real buttkickers in the future. They're too expensive. This whole simvibe thing is much more costly than I thought it would be. The software itself is almost cost prohibitive, but a buttkicker mini LFE is over $100!

http://www.amazon.com/AuraSound-AST...d=1415570083&sr=8-1&keywords=aura+bass+shaker

Is it worth it just to have 2 transducers?

Yes, having 2 transducers is very worth it in my opinion. I can configure the feedback separately for my pedals and seat (I'm using 2 Aura shakers). As for a "cheap" amp, cheap is relative. Some of the very cheap amps will only drive one shaker. I use a Dayton APA150 150W power amp (4 or 8 ohm) to drive both 4 ohm Aura's, each on it's own channel. Not necessarily cheap but a nice solution when used with the Aura's, and will give you as much rumble/shake as you can take (wake the wife and kids ;-0
http://www.parts-express.com/dayton...cts_Broad_Plain&utm_group=300-812_BP_G100-200

I'm using an old second hand 5 channel surround amplifier (bought it for 30 euro). Things to check before buying: it should have 5 separate analog inputs (left, right, center, rear left, rear right), must be able to drive 4 ohms speakers, at least 60 Watts per channel, frequency range 20Hz - 20Khz (the low 20 Hz is what matters most, 10 Hz is even better). Why 5 in- and outputs? So you can scale up easily (add more shakers) later on. But you can start with an old stereo amp with the same specs too of course.

I'm using an old second hand 5 channel surround amplifier (bought it for 30 euro). Things to check before buying: it should have 5 separate analog inputs (left, right, center, rear left, rear right), must be able to drive 4 ohms speakers, at least 60 Watts per channel, frequency range 20Hz - 20Khz (the low 20 Hz is what matters most, 10 Hz is even better). Why 5 in- and outputs? So you can scale up easily (add more shakers) later on. But you can start with an old stereo amp with the same specs too of course.
Some bad info here, your speakers can't even handle 10 hz probably really can't even handle 20hz correctly and most don't go much higher than 80hz much less 20 khz. Matching watts to speakers is the key, so 60 watts amp is an ambiguous number. You can run a 60 watt transducer with a 20 watt amp and it will work fine. Transducers have a narrow frequency range so they are more efficient.
I know your trying to help but at the same time there is a lot of misinformation on low frequency audio out there.

Hmm, a common 5 channel surround amplifier does not have 5 "signal" inputs, it takes a source (example left/right from DVD player) and processes the output into 5 surround channels. You can switch the amp to monitor different inputs (multiple inputs - DVD, CD, TV, satellite receiver, etc.) but that doesn't make it a multiple "channel" input device. Basically you have "two" inputs, left and right to be used by the audio card from the computer, each would carry a signal from SimVibe.
You could "possibly" get an output signal from those 5 speaker outputs but they would be the same signal - the surround processor does not know anything of the signal coming from SimVibe to produces the separate effects.

Last edited:
Hmm, a common 5 channel surround amplifier does not have 5 "signal" inputs, it takes a source (example left/right from DVD player) and processes the output into 5 surround channels. You can switch the amp to monitor different inputs (multiple inputs - DVD, CD, TV, satellite receiver, etc.) but that doesn't make it a multiple "channel" input device. Basically you have "two" inputs, left and right to be used by the audio card from the computer, each would carry a signal from SimVibe.
Right :thumbsup:, dbx dolby etc. encoding/decoding.

Oh yes, the old surround amps do have separate analog inputs. These old amps were hooked up to old DVD players which did not have Dolby digital out but had 5+1 analog outputs (the +1 went directly to the powered sub).
See this picture of my Pioneer VSX-409RDS:
pioneer%20vsx-409rds%206.jpg

5 analog inputs, 5 speaker outputs. It's old skool, but it runs very well with my SinusLive Bass Pump III shakers (I'm using 3 of them). And the amp is cheap on the second hand market :thumbsup:, because, who wants a non-digital amp :D?

Oh yes, the old surround amps do have separate analog inputs. These old amps were hooked up to old DVD players which did not have Dolby digital out but had 5+1 analog outputs (the +1 went directly to the powered sub).
See this picture of my Pioneer VSX-409RDS:
pioneer%20vsx-409rds%206.jpg

5 analog inputs, 5 speaker outputs. It's old skool, but it runs very well with my SinusLive Bass Pump III shakers (I'm using 3 of them). And the amp is cheap on the second hand market :thumbsup:, because, who wants a non-digital amp :D?
Well there is a dinosaur, they made for one year. That doesn't count. LOL. Yes you can use discreet-channel amps too. Mostly they are high end audiophile stuff.

Edit: DId research and that looks like a Euro release only. I have never seen a that before I always wished the big consumer companies would release a multi-channel inexpensive solution like that.

Last edited:
Yes, having 2 transducers is very worth it in my opinion. I can configure the feedback separately for my pedals and seat (I'm using 2 Aura shakers). As for a "cheap" amp, cheap is relative. Some of the very cheap amps will only drive one shaker. I use a Dayton APA150 150W power amp (4 or 8 ohm) to drive both 4 ohm Aura's, each on it's own channel. Not necessarily cheap but a nice solution when used with the Aura's, and will give you as much rumble/shake as you can take (wake the wife and kids ;-0
http://www.parts-express.com/dayton...cts_Broad_Plain&utm_group=300-812_BP_G100-200

William, will that amp power 2 buttkicker mini LFEs when I upgrade to them? I might get one buttkicker and one aura now if I can get the funds together.

Can someone give me the numbers I'd need to search for to find a cheaper used amp on ebay that would power 2 buttkickers? It would be 150W 4ohm, right?

Would this work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-P..._Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item462be82418

Well there is a dinosaur, they made for one year. That doesn't count. LOL. Yes you can use discreet-channel amps too. Mostly they are high end audiophile stuff.

Edit: DId research and that looks like a Euro release only. I have never seen a that before I always wished the big consumer companies would release a multi-channel inexpensive solution like that.
My Pioneer VSX-409RDS was just an example. More multi-channel 'dinosaurs' :D:
Pioneer VSX 839RDS
Pioneer VSX D710-S
Pioneer VSX D512-S
Panasonic SA-HE70
Cambridge Audio 540R v3
NAD T747
Yamaha RX-V667
Marantz SR5005
Marantz SR5004
Denon AVR-2310
Note: on some amps you can only connect 8 Ohm bass shakers (you can connect two 4 Ohm shakers in series: 4 + 4 = 8 Ohm).
Maybe made for Europe only, don't know.
I'm not the only one who's using such an amp: link.

I recently purchased Sim commander 3 & got the free upgrade to Sim commander 4 (it is still in beta). I use it with a single buttkicker gamer 2 under my seat (in process of adding another to the pedals and some pucks to the seat back).
It has been awesome. Significantly better than running a shaker off regular sound bass frequency. Its like going from a 60's b&w TV to a modern day HD LED TV... it made my buttkicker come alive and greatly increased the sense of immersion.
Tried it with rfactor2, Assetto Corsa & Burns rally - works a treat.
If anyone reading this has a shaker, even if it is just one, get Sim commander... you wont be disappointed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back