Who's the number one at McLaren?

I think at McLaren the number one is always the one with the most points ;)

Never been a fan of the team, but I do admire their fairness in recent times - Coulthard being disadvantaged to Hakkinen's benefit being the last team orders I remember there.

No one is No.1 at Mclaren, that is the problem and that is why Hamilton is not fully content at that situation, and TBH not having a No.1 could cost Mclaren the drivers title.

Funny to think the only team to have a clear No.1 has their driver leading the championship and not with the fastest car.

They don´t have one.

That is what makes Mclaren so great. (team wise, maybe not championship wise)
From Senna and Prost to Hamilton and Alonso to Hamilton and Button.

But Button has turned himself into a Number 2 driver at the Singapore GP.
He came to Martin and said "relax, i know what i need to do if the situation happens"

Martin was very surprised and admired the fact that he came to them and said it.

i have never seen a clear indication of them having a Number one, and if i remember correctly whitmarsh refused there would be a number one in the team ( 2010 interview i think ).

Ron Dennis :p

13965311_ori.jpg

Any team looking for long term success...and with half a brain, does not subject it's drivers to this numbering system.
You can think it. You'd just better not put it down on paper...not if you're smart anyway.
It generally does not work very well. I've only seen it work a few times in the 41 years I've followed this sport.
Right off the bat, the psychologically impact dooms the number two driver. That driver usually scores much less than the number one. It also causes a lot of animosity in teams, even though it's usually not apparent to TV cameras.
It's okay to put more resources behind the leading driver when the other is mathematically out of the picture. Relegating a driver who's very much a contender to give up his quest by labelling him with a number two role, only causes 'bad-blood' in teams.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back