1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who said slower car are no fun?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Martin Edmunds, Jan 26, 2015.

1. We raced tonight with the gang at ESR.
    First time driving that car or that class ( Touring classic ) and it was quite fun.

Managed to finish second but i must say it was mostly because of other peoples mistake lol.
    Watch in 60fps

Here is part 2 - Revenge on @Emilio
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Great video, looked fun, oh, and the best races are always with the slower cars in my eyes, makes for great close racing.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I agree! Races were great and again I think that Bathurst is the best looking track layout among the others... at the moment... I'm eager to see Macau and the Green Hell!
    I was hoping to see more on the track honestly... but I understand touring and bathurst aren't as popular as, for example, the Dtm92 and European pack. Also I had in mind to do highlights of this race as well but the majority of us had the same car with the same livery so it'd look weird... I wish we could have a livery pack as well in the future... there I said that!
  4. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars? Premium Member

Love that launch control at the start, telling you all should get the app...will help.

There is DTM13 at Bathurst:D@Emilio
  5. Yeah I know but I was looking/hoping to fish some "old cars lovers" and do something different instead of the classical HP beasts race.
    And after all we need some practice also with other cars, cause everyone knows that practice makes you perfect.... oh wait... did I say perfect?

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. My title would read, "who says slower drivers are no fun!"
    • Haha Haha x 4
  7. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars? Premium Member

I know, after all these years of practice I'm so much better now...and I thought practicing over and over again wouldn't make me better.
    • Haha Haha x 2
  8. SnappyDEe

Premium Member

I was slow as heck in that Volvo. I should pick up the E30. It's cheap now, right?
  9. not slower than me.

e30 is cheap if you have the dtm 92 car I think?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeah I picked it up for 65vrp,
    I'll buy a different livery for @Emilio sake
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. I went the cheapest route BC I had to buy Bathurst, but I really wanted to try the volvo

How much are the liveries?
  12. they are 99 vrp.
    Considering the car usually cost 249 with the same livery for everyone and that i bought the car at 65vrp i have no problem spending 99vrp on a livery.

I have bought number #19 team bigazzi
    • Like Like x 1
  13. According to the facebook tease a while back, we should get an update on both G5 and Touring Classics on the next patch! :thumbsup:

Too bad I missed this one!
    Bathurst is a daunting track that I both like and hate at the same time!.. . :thumbsdown::thumbsup:
    Hate might be the wrong word, but it scares the hell out of me!! :confused::D
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Mach

#47 G.R.Webb Sidecar Racer 1962-1972

This looks decent, don't know whether I'm up to speed yet, but I'd be up for joining you guys. It's about time I got stuck in.

Edit: I think your races are about 2p.m for me so I may be able to make some weekend ones. I'll keep my eye out, and get some friend requests going in the meantime, if that's okay.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  15. SnappyDEe

Premium Member

Yeah, Ronin! Get in here and mix it up. It will be great!

I'm getting the e30 then. and a new livery to go with it!:D
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sweet

@Emilio We need to schedule more Touring Classic
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Will do Mr. M!
    I'm gonna put down Feb calendar in a few days... sadly I'll be offline for the first two weeks as I won't have access to my PC so you guys are gonna get all the fun while I'll be crying myself to sleep... :cry:
  18. SnappyDEe

Premium Member

I'm going to go with the #18 Bigazzi.
  19. SnappyDEe

Premium Member

Hey Emilio, the M1 Procar is ripe for it's own little series. There are a ton of liveries and I bet with a little investment by participants you would end up with some real nice footage for a video.:)

The only issue is, of course, the non-updated physics. But, with good participation (9 or 10 cars) it would be lots of fun, IMO.

I'm calling dibs on the #90 Warsteiner M1 Procar.:)

What do you say, guys?! Let's race 'em!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Anyone drive the Daytona's? less than 200vrp for the lot of them.