Who is up for a Drive Across Europe

Hello all

I was wondering if everyone has ETS2 wants to go for a free-no-limits drive across europe

the Route will be sorted via voting for any of the roots below, however it must Start from Britain (since we are going from West to East) to wherever in he east of europe, however, since i dont have the expansion park for the entire east of europe i can only go as far as Poland or something like that, but anyway here are the options:

Aberdeen - Szczecin
Glasgow/Edinburgh - Poznan
Carlisle/Newcastle - Wroclaw
Liverpool/Manchester - Dresden
Sheffield/Grimsby - Praha
Birmingham - Brno
Swansea/Cardiff - Wien
Cambridge/Felixstowe - Salzburg
London - Bratislava
Plymouth - Linz
Southampton - Innsbruck
Dover - Munchen

so if anybody is interested then please let me know

oh and one more thing if we want to communicate we will be using TS (dont know what channel to use, since the ETS2 Channel has been taken down)

If I have to ask every time you use one of the rating things, then you should not assume we all know exactly what you mean.

Ron, I will have to wait and see if I am busy on Saturday.
Why should I have to defend myself for using the rating system? If it was real life and I laughed ...would you tell me I'm not allowed to laugh? Would you stay quiet or would you ask why I was laughing? The surest way to cause an argument or a long debate would be to tell me not to laugh (when you don't know what I'm laughing about !). Not everyone has the same religion, comes from the same country or culture or has the same sense of humour. Please respect that. You're complaining but you don't seem to know what you're complaining about...either that or your complaining about something you think you' should be complaining about but you're not quite sure and even so...your complaining :) (Oops..sorry for using a smiley)

If it was real life and I laughed
In real life there is real context. If you laugh(and do nothing more) at someone who just announced something disappointing the first step is to determine what type of laugh and body language. Smilies and "funny" ratings do not provide that.
In real life if I figured you were joyous about the situation I would certainly tell you not to laugh and to take a hike.

Not everyone has the same religion, comes from the same country or culture or has the same sense of humour. Please respect that
This is exactly correct. And half of it, is respecting that other people are going to be seeing what you are doing while not knowing what your intent is.
If you wanted to be sarcastic you should have made a post instead of simply using the post rating thing where no context can be added. I have no idea if you have some in-joke going on with Ron or you are just being mean. Nobody here can read minds.

Context is key for internet humour; context is key for /any/ humour.

Actually I will bite. Why were you using the "optimistic" and "funny" ratings for two of his posts?
Taken at face value together and considering the history of this thread, it is cruel. However you must have meant something else, and I would appreciate knowing so we can put this issue to rest.

In real life there is real context. If you laugh(and do nothing more) at someone who just announced something disappointing the first step is to determine what type of laugh and body language. Smilies and "funny" ratings do not provide that.
In real life if I figured you were joyous about the situation I would certainly tell you not to laugh and to take a hike.

This is exactly correct. And half of it, is respecting that other people are going to be seeing what you are doing while not knowing what your intent is.
If you wanted to be sarcastic you should have made a post instead of simply using the post rating thing where no context can be added. I have no idea if you have some in-joke going on with Ron or you are just being mean. Nobody here can read minds.

Context is key for internet humour; context is key for /any/ humour.

Actually I will bite. Why were you using the "optimistic" and "funny" ratings for two of his posts?
Taken at face value together and considering the history of this thread, it is cruel. However you must have meant something else, and I would appreciate knowing so we can put this issue to rest.
it seems that we will have to agree to differ in opinion. Your argument is that i should message instead of use the ratings system incase someone (such as you) takes offence.my arguments is that you should ask before criticising if you don't know the context. i find that this is the sad state we are in in this world where people have to explain why they smile or why they laugh. if it is an obvious pee take (e.g.facial expressions, exaggerated laugh) then fair play.

by criticising first, you partially derailed the thread. i would accept criticisim if i had typed an offensive message but that is not that case. anyway, like i say, we shall perhaps agree to differ. although i tried the demo of this game, i never quite got the appeal - hence why i looked at this thread - to see if there was some action and to tempt myself to be hooked in to getting the game. sadly, it just isn't happening.

i won't explain my ratings as to be honest, by now, it is pointless and our dialogue has gone on far too long. i won't reply now so feel free to continue. Maybe next time, if you ask first, you will know why the rating was given!

best wishes.

Well, it looks like you explained your ratings. At least we got that cleared up. Thank you for for the clarity.

However I do not change my stance. Even if I am not actively participating in his ETS2 activities, what Ron is trying to do with this thread has merit. If you want to insult ETS2 please do it elsewhere.

Speeding down the highway on our trip:
KDYp6Zw.jpg

And this one is not from our trip, but the night before. This is the aftermath of that accident I mentioned:
http://i.imgur.com/x9IFPVm.jpg
This being the accident:
http://i.imgur.com/RnpYWZ1.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline