Who is interested in an Endurance race ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just to see if we have enough people to start an event with driverswaps. The race will be 2 hours so driver swap after 1 hour.
If we have enough intrested drivers then we could do a real endurance event (more then 3 hour race) The mod is still open for discussion.
Lets hear you !!

Endurance races are great fun when they are organised properly and there are several drivers using the driver swap feature. Iv done a 6 hour race at silverstone and that was brillient fun, it had lmp cars and gt cars.

The only problem is that sometimes people get disconnected when they try to swap drivers.

IMHO, a lot of pilots would love to compete a 1000km, 12hours or 24hours endurance race.

But, in my opinion, currently no mod is designed for that purpose.

Some people say also that rfactor is bugged and caused disconnections during pilot swap. Maybe all the rfactor community should test it in order to have the good and safe procedure.

I was implicated myself in endurance (24hours) organization for GTR2 (lets go to www.race24h.org), and it was a success (52 teams registered , more than 200 pilots)

Help it will be possible soon on rfactor or GTREvo (no night for the moment if i remember)

IMHO, a lot of pilots would love to compete a 1000km, 12hours or 24hours endurance race.

But, in my opinion, currently no mod is designed for that purpose.

There is one or two mods but they are underground, the current lmp mods that are out need some physics tweaks to be suitble.

Some people say also that rfactor is bugged and caused disconnections during pilot swap. Maybe all the rfactor community should test it in order to have the good and safe procedure.

That is true but it depends allot of the use of plugins and the driver having a stable connection but there's now a solution for that: :D

http://www.l2rteam.com/Accueil/tabid/37/EntryID/102/Default.aspx

I might be interested, but it would depend on the length. Normally I prefer races 1-2 hours long, though with driver swaps it could be longer. Think that 4 hours would be about the max for me, at least for a first shot. Unfortunately, my schedule is pretty much limited to weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%