Who do you blame at McLaren?

With pit mistakes, team mistakes and bad strategy, Lewis is languishing behind in what should be a race winning car. Button can't drive that car to it's full potential and it's not the team letting him down- it's Jenson letting Jenson down.

-The impact gun getting run over
-slow stop at Monaco
-The fuel fiasco
etc etc

It's all the team. I don't know who is responsible or why the team is a disaster this year, but small things are magnified in Formula 1.

Who's to blame? They all are, tbh. Racing is a team sport, in order to have a successful race, season even, it needs to done with the entire team firing on all cylinders. Win as a team, lose as team.

It's a combination of multiple things that makes up this bad run McLaren has been having. As has been stated before, the pit stops have been full of mistakes, JB cannot figure out the car, simple mistakes from the crew that should not happen (fuel at Catalunya, that could have easily been a win for Hamilton), etc.

However, if there was one person that has been working at a great pace consistently, it has to be Lewis.

Let's go over McLaren's mistakes this year:
Australia: Slow stop costs Hamilton second to Vettel in the Safety Car period.
Malaysia: Slow stops costs Hamilton a chance at second place (maybe even first).
China: Slow stop costs Button a potential win.
Bahrain: Slow stops throughout, mainly for Hamilton.
Spain: Fuel issue, and someone put a tire in the car's way.
Monaco: Pit strategy causes Button to lose position to Kovalainen, and Hamilton lost a spot to Alonso due to another slow stop, and being uninformed on Vettel's strategy he lost a spot to him as well. Also the team told Hamilton to change the clutch, and this he claims was the reason for his poor start.

Its odd but heres my take
The wheel issue has been caused by a development (brakes warming tyres) and wheel getting stuck because thread overheats. So can be blamed for crap stops thus far.
Wheel gun been run over - Lots of pressure to get it right, Prob focused soley on wheel not his equipment?
Fuel issue in spain? Erm... :cautious:.
Everything else... Erm :O_o:

Malaysia: Slow stops costs Hamilton a chance at second place (maybe even first).
Hamilton had not really the pace on inters nor on slicks at the end. I doubt he would have been 1st or 2nd, but we'll never know.

Monaco: Pit strategy causes Button to lose position to Kovalainen,
He didn't really lost it, because he never gained it ;)

Also the team told Hamilton to change the clutch, and this he claims was the reason for his poor start.
How do you know that the first clutch setting wasn't even worse?

Who's to blame? They all are, tbh. Racing is a team sport, in order to have a successful race, season even, it needs to done with the entire team firing on all cylinders. Win as a team, lose as team.
^This

With pit mistakes, team mistakes and bad strategy, Lewis is languishing behind in what should be a race winning car. Button can't drive that car to it's full potential and it's not the team letting him down- it's Jenson letting Jenson down.

-The impact gun getting run over
-slow stop at Monaco
-The fuel fiasco
etc etc

It's all the team. I don't know who is responsible or why the team is a disaster this year, but small things are magnified in Formula 1.

Kinda agree with this, but JB sussed out his car in Australia and won. I know it is early doors in the season, bit think if these combined errors hadn't had happened, who who be sitting on top of the rest.....McLaren.

Absolutely, but it was errors not relating to the car that cost Hamilton. Australia was Hamilton's to win until Vettel got lucky with pitting under the SC.
The car is not the problem.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back