Who Could Fill the Vacant Mercedes Cockpit?

Hulkenberg is like the brilliant 'brainy' kid who had a 'thing' for the hot girl in school...only, she never knew or noticed him.
He left town for the big city and then she figured it out and thought...What if?
Problem is: Every time he comes home to visit, she is 'hooked' up with the wrong guy and he doesn't get his chance to live out his fantasy.
Every time he's moved somewhere in F1...a golden opportunity has arisen only to go 'sailing' by.
He would have been the perfect candidate for this seat.

Last edited:
I'm going to make a couple assumptions here.
1) Toto Wolfe isn't keen on taking a big-name driver.
2) Mercedes doesn't get a driver that already has a contract with another team.
3) Let's forget about the guys who just retired. They did it for a reason.

That's going to leave us with Wehrlein, Gutierrez, ans Nasr. We've also got all those up-and-coming stars from the lower classes...GP2, Formula 3, etc. But what about IndyCar? Lots of folks are saying that there isn't a lot of difference between the cars anymore, what with all the improved downforce allowed in IndyCar now. Who's big over there, and has roots in Germany or England...or perhaps former F1 experience?

Is Simon Pagenaud too old? Could Alex Rossi come back...or would he even be interested? Gabby Chavez or Carlos Munoz could be molded into something special since they are young enough to still be impressionable. Can Hamilton be a mentor for the first time in his career?

*Dials Toto Wolff's number*

"Hi, is that Toto? Awesome! Huge fan and I'm wondering if you could tell me when you will announce Rosbergs replacement and who will it be? Uh huh. Ok. Awesome, cheers Toto!"
I don't have to call him but i know that he said that Ocon will not drive the Mercedes and that the Force India was a (too) good seat for him.
It means all for me.
Ocon has a huge politic support in my opinion and that's all.

so they are considering ALONSO it would appear
hmm.. most interesting.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38219533

LH 109 points (4 wins)
FA 109 points (4 wins)

edit - almost missed this too; quote BBC:
"Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel has appeared to rule himself out of the equation.
The four-time champion is under contract until the end of next season and the German said at a Ferrari event at the weekend that "it should be clear" he was not an option."

Last edited:
I want to see Alonso in that seat or Ricciardo. Everything else and we might give the title to Hamilton already.
(I am not counting Vettel because there is no chance he will leave Ferrari - not that Ferrari can stop him)

Yes, they indeed in talks with Alonso.
Motorsport confirms the story, too.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-considering-alonso-as-rosberg-s-replacement-857232/
Wow. :confused::thumbsup:
That would be a blast, really... I wish him to suceed in McL but taking their developement in consideration... he would shine sometimes in 2034. About the time when we plan to set foot on Mars. :alien:

I would looove to see those relations, Nico just has too nice personality for the ones like Hamilton. Alonso is not quite that. I mean... he smiles a lot, he's funny, but there's something a little bit creepy scary darkish about him... and, depending if you're fan or not, that could be ...amusing. :)

edit:
Another thing... I would looove to se Hamilton face, since he, lol "doesn't care" who will Mercedes pick up. I bet it's not easy for him now, cause he's like "anyone but him, God, please, I'll be good from now on, I'll stay out of the clubs for life, get married asap and have 4 children!" while still keeping that "I don't care" face. :)

Last edited:
Looks like Pastor has got the job. :)

CzQSMf1WQAAd-0Y.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back