Whitney Houston has died

Well Bobby Brown definitely had a lot to do with her short life. Can't blame it all on him because it took the both of them to tango but i'm sure she would still be alive today and probably would had a good career still if they never have gotten together.

The most expensive nose in the United States Of America :)

Too bad she´s dead, it seems they are dropping like flies now... You never know what´s going on in their heads.
Just look at Heath Ledger. Just pulled of what is in my opinion the best acting i´ve ever seen and then takes an overdose.

She had some great songs but it was just a matter of time before she would end up dead, unfortunately.

It's a tragic reflection on life for many people these days, not just the "celebrities". Drugs are killing or ruining the lives of millions of people now, and it continues to be a growing industry. :(
Trying to "control" the drug industry is impossible, the only true answer is for people to wake up and stop trying it in the first place, but I can't see that ever happening. :rolleyes:

Pretty sickening that it is considered a "Industry" I lost two friends to drugs and I even took the bad path myself quite some years back but snapped out of it on my own and have not looked back since. Plus i wouldn't have the life i have now, I would of never met Pauline and for all I know, I myself may not be alive today.

Drugs are killing or ruining the lives of millions of people now, and it continues to be a growing industry. :(
Not really. Sure it´s a problem but in no way anywhere near the death-rates of other stuff.

Tobacco - 390.000 people die every year in US.
Alcohol - 80.000 people.
Sidestream smoke from Tobacco kills about 50.000

That are legal ones. Now let´s look at the illegal ones,

Cocaine - 2,200 people.
Heroine - 2.000 people.
Aspirin - You know, to ease your headache.. - 2,000 deaths every single year.

The best one and the most ridiculous law of them all,
Marijuana - 0 people has died from Cannabis, nada, nit, zero, nothing, not even a semi-kill..

deaths1.gif

Now.. if i was a Governor or President, i probably would get rid of Tobacco and Alcohol pretty quickly and replace it with Marijuana.

EDIT: Oh and just to compare all of this with something else, like cancer.

Every year 567,000 people die from cancer, in united states alone.

Drugs are killing or ruining the lives of millions of people now,

Just to bring my point back to reality. There are other countries in the world besides the USA too.
I guess if you haven't seen it personally with those around you, it's easy to just confine it to cold statistics. :rolleyes: (and I'll bet those Stats are "Directly" Drug Related deaths too.)

I guess if you haven't seen it personally with those around you, it's easy to just confine it to cold statistics.
Yes there are other countries in the world too, the statistics overall is the same all over the globe.

And just to make things clear, i grew up in a bad area with lots of drugs. I did quite a lot myself from 12-19 years, early days being tobacco and alcohol.
In my opinion i think cigarettes and alcohol are by far the worst drugs you can ever take. Not counting heroine, Angeldust (PCP), which i haven´t taken and never will.
I´d consider coffee a more dangerous drug then cannabis for example. Much more addictive.

And yes they are directly drug related numbers, if they weren´t then you could probably quadruple the Alcohol number to get some more realistic numbers.

Great singer with an incredible voice..sadly she couldnt find the strenght to overcome her addiction/s and now she is gone. The trully ironic thing about this is that she had the means and resources to fight her demons ,instead she chose to indulge in them to the point of no return and now she leaves a daughter behind who is most likely to follow in her footsteps...hard to sympathize with that....at least she leaves a legacy of her great god given talent

Not really. Sure it´s a problem but in no way anywhere near the death-rates of other stuff.

Tobacco - 390.000 people die every year in US.
Alcohol - 80.000 people.
Sidestream smoke from Tobacco kills about 50.000

That are legal ones. Now let´s look at the illegal ones,

Cocaine - 2,200 people.
Heroine - 2.000 people.
Aspirin - You know, to ease your headache.. - 2,000 deaths every single year.

The best one and the most ridiculous law of them all,
Marijuana - 0 people has died from Cannabis, nada, nit, zero, nothing, not even a semi-kill..

deaths1.gif

Now.. if i was a Governor or President, i probably would get rid of Tobacco and Alcohol pretty quickly and replace it with Marijuana.

EDIT: Oh and just to compare all of this with something else, like cancer.

Every year 567,000 people die from cancer, in united states alone.

Hold on there buddy! If your an American Governor or President these numbers clearly tell you that there is a huge voting population that absolutely loves tobacco and alcohol and abuses it frequently... gotta get those votes! :(

Yes there are other countries in the world too, the statistics overall is the same all over the globe.

And just to make things clear, i grew up in a bad area with lots of drugs. I did quite a lot myself from 12-19 years, early days being tobacco and alcohol.
In my opinion i think cigarettes and alcohol are by far the worst drugs you can ever take. Not counting heroine, Angeldust (PCP), which i haven´t taken and never will.
I´d consider coffee a more dangerous drug then cannabis for example. Much more addictive.

And yes they are directly drug related numbers, if they weren´t then you could probably quadruple the Alcohol number to get some more realistic numbers.

Prescription drugs are probably the worst in my opinion. So easy to get and there isn't really any viable warnings/education on them.

Hold on there buddy! If your an American Governor or President these numbers clearly tell you that there is a huge voting population that absolutely loves tobacco and alcohol and abuses it frequently... gotta get those votes! :(
Really you can´t ban anything, if i had banned those two i would have opened 2 markets for the criminals.
Heavily regulate it i think is the best thing. Like having one store selling liquor instead of many mini-stores. That´s just asking for trouble.

Prescription drugs are probably the worst in my opinion. So easy to get and there isn't really any viable warnings/education on them.
The ones i posted above is from 2009 i believe, here´s an article from 2011 September.

Drug deaths now outnumber traffic fatalities in U.S., data show

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/17/local/la-me-drugs-epidemic-20110918

And by drugs they actually mean the type of drugs you get at your doctors place and not at some blokes basement.
Overdose victims range in age and circumstance from teenagers who pop pills to get a heroin-like high to middle-aged working men and women who take medications prescribed for strained backs and bum knees and become addicted.

We are heavily medicated in America and it is at the root of many health problems. The pharmaceutical industry is NOT your friend!

I don't know if you caught my political joke above about being President or Governor. A majority of our politicians will do things that make no sense on any applied or theoretical level based solely on the fact that they will earn more votes from a certain population.

Having one store sell liquor instead of many min-stores is a good way to lose business in some cities. Unfortunately it is a booming industry :(.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back