1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Rail Fences and friendly neighbours

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by MathewMMM, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Hi everyone!
    I started work on my first real track for rFactor. A couple of weeks ago I've read about this guy turning his drive way into a racetrack on Jalopnik and I thought what a great idea, gotta have it in rFactor. (http://jalopnik.com/5156906/google-earth-reveals-coolest-driveway-ever).
    GoogleMaps location: 28°4'8"N 81°39'50"W
    The track is done, terrain is done and now it's time to populate the space. And here is were I run into problems. I can't seem to find the right xpacks anywhere. I only need a few since the area I'm replicating is fairly simple so if you know where to get them, please share. Here goes:

-white rail fence(and in brown but white is essential as thats what makes this place) I have seen fences like this in Longford67 and PutnamPark

-US style kinda big house small mansion (check the location in Streetview. You can't see the houses I need but any houses in the area in that style will do. I only need 2-4 different ones. Something like the house in this video
    skip to the end of the video)

-(optional) US roads (yellow middle and white side lines) with some wear and tear on them.(Already have RoadLight xpack but the textures are a bit too perfect.

-(optional) big tree with a full and round crown as seen in Streetview (already have lots of different trees but more choice is always better)

-(optional) concrete ground textures for some of the driveways

-(super optional) mail boxes and small square brick pillars

Thank you for your help!
  2. i started on the walls and fences comes later. didn't know how you wanted this. so i hit 3ds max also no spec bump mapping yet.

Attached Files:

3. oh and i totally forgot, i new to 3ds max ,so some mistakes may come into effected :D

multisub done

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  4. Wow this is awesome! I just asked people to help me find these, I didn't expect you to actually start making this stuff for me. Thanks man
  5. One thing though, could you make spaces between the white upright poles a bit wider. And chop the tops off a bit...they stick up on the top a bit too much

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. like this you mean part4.jpg
  7. Perfect yeah.
  8. Any progress?
  9. yeah we progressing. only a slight problem with the xpacker. making the objected lob sided/and a gap in between the fences and the post.we getting there.:p
    re tryed btb objects packin and get it into xobj splines to make it easier to place.

Edit: object in btb xpacker... now comes the fun part ... sobjects - sorted
    EDit #2: just redoing the textures now!! didn't want to gibe you it with a planked fence :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  10. Attached Files:

11. Thanks man!!...will check it out right now.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. np, any problems