1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which TV?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Chris Jenkins, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Hello everyone.
    I'm looking to buy a new TV for gaming and viewing.
    I want one around about 42" and I'm not looking to spend more than £400.

What are people's suggestions?
  2. I sometimes use the Sony Bravia 42inch in our lounge and to be honest most games don't look too good unless I really crank up the AA. 42 inches is too big for 1080 in my opinion, the sweet spot for gaming is is 24 or 27 inches.
  3. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

My fulltime racing monitor is 32 inch lcd tv and works well for me. I try playing on my 50 inch Plasma but it is too big and the graphics don't look as good as on the 32.
  4. Dont use a tv at All is my suggestion. Way to much input lag, even in "game mode".
    If you really want a Big picture, a projector might be what you want, i dont Think computer monitors go above 27" :)

5. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

To be clear, the TV will mainly be for viewing. I might use my PS3 on it now and again though.

I was just looking for people's opinions on the best 40-42" TVs within the £350-400 price range?
  6. Aah okay, sorry. Just wanted to let you know before you went out and spend a lot of money you would later regret :)
  7. I'm on aussie dollars, but you might be able to get a 1080p Panasonic plasma.
    Don't get the 1024x768 models.....the 1080p is noticeable{I have one of each}.
    Plasma is better TV technology in most cases, the only two potential problems are extreme lighting and burn in, but I think you'd have to do something silly like leave the TV on for more than 6-8hrs, and even then, it'll probably go away by itself.