1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which truck?

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Nox, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Hi all,

Picked up a copy of FTruck yesterday. Complete noob though - any suggestions on which truck is easier (if any) for a newbie? I think truck racing will take some time to get used to.

Andrew

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Probably the Ford, it's the lightest one so it's a bit easier to handle, lacks the power of the big boys like the Merc and Scania though so you'll get pumped in a straight line to put it mildly :p

But they're all great fun to drive so hopefully we'll see you in the racing club soon :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Hi Andrew,
    Welcome to Ftrucks..... Honk HONK
    For me the truck that got me up and running was the Ford, its lighter than the others and corners better but lacks a bit in top end for the longer tracks, but it does make it up in the corners.
    dont push the corner entry be as smooth as possible there and you can hold a nice line.
    1st and second gear dont do much, 3rd gear for really tight corners most of the time 4th is good.Then engines have so much grunt they pull from low revs..

most of the action happens on a Monday and Friday night, Just get online and post maybe there are guys out there who want to race on other night also..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

But can you catch me in the corners in my little ballerina of a Ford :p

Ninjad by Calum:ninja::ninja:

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Ofcourse :D your Ford dances around the corners, my Merc just drives through them!

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Honk HONK Mother Trucker :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Thanks for the tips. I'll try that out.

This week I'll make it for a race on Wednesday if people don't mind a slow driver. (Fridays I do the Mini race on RACE 07, and Mondays I usually can't.) Still not sure what the track is for this week, but I hope a few of you are there on Wednesday!

8. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I've mainly been using the Ford but had a little go tonight in the iveco scuderi and my goodness, that is a beast and growls like one too.

9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Any truck with a horn will do :)

• Like Like x 1