Which tracks would you like to see dropped?

I remember reading an article about Bernie Ecclestone adding new circuits to the calendar to make the Formula One World Championship more of a "world championship" with the recent expansion into Asia and the Middle East. Which I'm fine with, but with all the new events added, eventually they're going to drop some tracks to prevent the calendar from getting too long. So would you like to see tracks drop or alternated? I noticed they already did this with Spa and Paul Ricard (for financial reasons).

I personally would like to see Valencia replaced by the Red Bull Ring.

I don't mind the actual track, but as long as political instability exists in the middle east, Bahrain should be dropped.

I would not say drop Valencia, but rather alternate Valencia between Paul Ricard if F1 is to be coming back to France. But to alternate with Spa is just wrong. Someone please ***** slap Ecclestone for even thinking of not racing at Spa once a year. Oh and while not officially announced yet, it is likely a safe bet that Turkey will be dropped so that US GP at Austin can be accommodated.

The creators of Valencia Street Circuit managed to achieve the unanimity of this forum for once LOL

I won't say drop it if it's not for a classic track, but definitely needs a redesign as it is boring.

Where do I start?

Valencia of course.

Kuala Lumpar. Shanghai. Yas Marina. The only Tilke circuits I'd keep are Istanbul--that's the one they're dropping--and Bahrain.

Circuit of the Americas.

Singapore. It's nothing but tight turns.

Monaco. A track with enormous history that's outlived its usefulness. Or rather, the cars have outgrown the circuit. Replace it with a revamped Imola.

Introduce a mandatory death penalty for anyone who suggests dropping Spa.

Stuff what tracks i'd drop, this is what my calender would consist of in order: Bathurst, only if they don't f it up with safety improvements, otherwise Phillip Island, Macau, Istanbul, Monaco, Silverstone w/o the new section, Portimao, Spa, Monza, Mont Tremblant, VIR, Stardust Raceway(even if it doesn't exist anymore), Interlagos, San Luis.
Also i'd remove all freezes on development and introduce price caps on how much certain components can cost to produce(Engine, Bodywork, Suspension), allowing for F1 to not be outplayed by Le-Mans on the technical front, and allowing for a more cost-effective setup for independents. At least that's how it works in my head

I have a better idea...
Brake the F1 down into two leagues, F1 Champions and F1 Rookies. Then we can have two seasons of F1 races, at as many tracks as possible.
But the biggest thing that needs dropping from F1 is Bernie Ecclestone, that mans best before date has well past.
He should step down and just walk away, Lets face it F1 would be a better place without him around.

I have a better idea...
Brake the F1 down into two leagues, F1 Champions and F1 Rookies. Then we can have two seasons of F1 races, at as many tracks as possible.
But the biggest thing that needs dropping from F1 is Bernie Ecclestone, that mans best before date has well past.
He should step down and just walk away, Lets face it F1 would be a better place without him around.

i second that motion... new topic on the way

Valencia is the only one that should be dropped at this time.

Certain tracks/GP's must always be on the calendar though; Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Monaco, Suzuka, at least one of Hockenheim and Nurburgring, and a French GP.

Drop Valencia and Bahrain and get rid of Singapore, what a **** track.

Bring in: Kyalami, Imola and possibly A1 Ring when it gets rebuilt.

Tracks F1 always should have: Monaco, Hockenheim and or Nurburgring, Silverstone, Suzuka, Monza and Spa.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back