F1 2010 Which steering wheel to buy for the Xbox?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
F

fedemutti

• fedemutti

Hey. I just goy the game for Xbox. I'll like to buy a steering wheel. wichone do you recoment? is the xbox wireless anygood?

The Microsoft Steeringwheel is a waste of your money. Every review that is positive about that piece of plastic is either heavily financed by MS or they have no knowledge of racing games.

Fanatec and Logitech wheels are the first that spring to mind as a good buy

I would say if you're just starting out, the Microsoft wheel is not that bad. I used one for a couple years and it pretty much led me into simracing (I've moved on to the PC now). I wouldn't go back though.

I would strongly suggesting mounting it to a table or something - putting it on your lap takes a lot away from the experience. The wireless is fine but you have to plug in the power cord for the force feedback to work (and you need FF!).

The Driving Force GT doesn't work with the 360, see the specs here. There is a Logitech wheel for 360 called the DriveFX but it doesn't have force feedback (just vibration). Other than that it's a better quality wheel than Microsoft's from what I've heard. The FFB in F1 2010 isn't very good anyway in my opinion, so you wouldn't be missing much.

I have an MS Wheel for my 360, the FFB is great on it and, when screwed to my racing desk with the pedals mounted on a block I made for the purpose, it feels pretty good for Forza3/RacePro.

Since I got my G25 for PC, I tend to miss the stick shifter - but otherwsie I have NO complaints about the 360 wheel.

can anyone recommend an steering wheel for pc, xbox360 and ps3?
dont want to buy a new steering wheel for everything...
pc -> f1
xbox -> forza
ps3 -> gt5
need a good steering wheel :D

That's easy - there's only one in the world that works with all three :)

Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=250&lang=en

A fine wheel from what I've heard, competitive with the G25/G27 in terms of quality and performance.

Maybe it would be worth metioning to all, that all Xbox 360 wheels have been discontinued! Both the Microsoft xbox 360 wireless wheel and the logitech DriveFX. These are no longer available to buy new, I would know as I've been searching for one for the last two weeks.

The only way to get a reasonable wheel for the xbox 360 is to buy a secondhand microsoft one on ebay or buy the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S, both options are expensive. Most microsoft wheels on ebay go from $200.00 to 350.00 (for new). This leaves you with little choice and makes the fanatec one seem the better choice however I haven't been able to get one in Australia from under $400.00.

Sorry to burst ya bubble but no point wasting peoples time with pipe dreams of just walking into a shop and buying a new wheel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back