1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Which Sim Racing Apparel are you using?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Bram, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Are you that dedicated fan of realism that drives racing games with gloves, shoes, helmet and seatbelts?

Please let us know in this thread and as always: It didn't happen without pictures :)

2. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Can't see myself ever wearing gloves or a helmet, but I may need to invest in some racing shoes, because my socks are taking a beating! :laugh::roflmao:

I need to invest in a proper rig first though.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I am a sock racer as well, sometimes even barefoot. But no shoes, or anything other fancy while driving my desktop mounted wheel ;)

#basicracerhere

• Like Like x 1
  4. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I wear my slippers.

• Haha Haha x 3
  5. I wear my mechanix gloves, my hands get sweaty and I don't want to ruin my fanatec bmw & f1 wheel.

6. Ive started wearing gloves, partly to prolong the life of the alcantara on my wheel and partly because it was starting to hurt at times when going full opposite lock in the Star Mazda.
    Im actually considering some shoes since my feet are also starting to hurt at times, heel/toeing on full metal pedals and a loadcell brake can be harsh at times.

7. Diogo Sa

Diogo Sa
    Portugal/motorsport addicted/Mechanical Eng. stud

No gloves, no boots... Just socks or barefoot or sometimes with shoes/trainers/wtv. However i prefer when I have my socks on:p However if my wheel was in alcantara I would wear gloves...

8. Here are my Alpine Stars Tech 1 karting gloves...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Be warned...gigantic orc foot. :p

[​IMG]

These are my professional racing shoes/socks.;)
    The warmth and softness are out of this world.:)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Socks any day, everyday. Don't like bare-foot because my pedals are quite far apart, heel & toe destroys my toes ;). Don't like shoes because they're too big/clumsy.

Don't use gloves at the moment but I'm thinking about getting a pair: my hands get sweaty and the g25's steering wheel hasn't got any grip when your hands are sweating.

11. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

I sweat profusely whilst sim racing. My back is usually drenched with sweat by the time I get to the end of a 20+ lap race. If there was some gear that would help with that, I'd have it! :coffee:

Sock racer, leather G25 wheel and I've considered gloves a few times as my palms sweat a lot. I usually wear my Jordan Racing Team cap, just so I feel the part, but if I go for headtracking it has to go. (My home-made FreeTrack rig uses an old baseball cap with LEDs sewn onto it).

If I could ever afford one of those superb Racing Rigs with a proper seat, then I'd be tempted to get the full gear. I'm sad that way - I love the immersion... :whistling:

12. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

I had an interesting issue in the race last night - my toes got cold! Never happened before, probably going diabetic in my old age. :sick:

Going to have to look for some warm socks to wear over my ordinary ones for racing now. I did consider using my boxing boots but, as someone else mentioned, they come a bit far up the ankle. I think the pedals would wear holes in my wetsocks (neoprene) so I could end up in the market for a pair of actual racing boots.

At least 'poor circulation' is a better excuse than 'fancied trying a pair' when I break it to my wife. :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Before I got DSD Tilton style pedal pads I was okay with socks, but as these have a grippy surface and having a load cell on the brakes (CSR Elites) they were killing my feet. I tried some neoprene socks but the resulting sweaty mess that they created meant that was no good.

I use these trainers now especially when using H-pattern manual cars. Nice and comfy, thin sole and decent feel when driving also I dont get diabetic cold foot like Connor or sore feet afterwards and I look stylish when going to and from the refrigerator for a beer.

[​IMG]

Edit. They are Puma Drift Cat trainers.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Kudos for the beer fetching in style!

15. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

I have standards to maintain even for the most mundane task. Sorting out my driving pants is the next job.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. Rob Gray

Rob Gray
    Premium Member

I wear Kartelli boots, relatively cheap at AUD$80 and a pair of full fingered thin cycling gloves ($15) to protect my wheels. Both are pretty much a must now. I also wear the 4 point harness on my cockpit hehe

17. Blitz Kung Fu shoes and golf gloves. Only reason I wear gloves is to reduce the calluses I get from using the Thrustmaster GTE rim - I'm gloveless when using the F1 rim.

I also wear a cap - I'm bald and don't like the feel of headsets directly on my head when racing online - I must look a picture to my missus LOL

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Just a one piece leotard in leopard skin. Sometimes I wear an astronauts helmet.

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1