• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Which rig should i buy?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by BhZ, Jan 3, 2016.

1. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +292
    Hey guys, i'm planning to buy a rig (never had one). I'm not an expert so i need your help. I have 500 euros, the t500rs with pedals. I like the obutto ozone, but seems to have some problems with the t500rs and its pedals, that's why i'm here asking for a rig. Do u have any advice?

P.s. I even play some fps, so i need space for keyboard and mouse.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +292
    up.

i forgot to say that i am tall 195cm, so i'm even worried about comfort.

3. Johand

Johand
    Premium

Ratings:
    +72
    I would go for a aluminium profiles rig , easy to adapt to your needs , verry stiff and you can upgrade it.
    I build this from motedis profiles (540 euro for all the profiles , hardware and some extras plus 2 times shipping)
    If you use a single screen you can cut some of the costs , and you have to source a seat , but with your lenght i would want to test fit a seat anyway!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +292
    I'm considering that option, but i'd like to consider a "normal" rig. Can u suggest me a model?
    Speaking about aluminium profiles rig, how do i take the measure? I mean: i'm tall 195cm, i have something like 150-160cm to place the rig (max lenght of the rig).

5. Johand

Johand
    Premium

Ratings:
    +72
    I can't suggest a model , my rig in the picture has the seat max forward and the length of the profiles is 160cm , i am 184cm tall if that helps.
    I could give you all the dimensions