Which represents the true camber.

Kek700

Premium
Hi,
Can some one answer this simple question, is the camber set up true in the adjustment
window or is it the one in the final setup window.
The reason I have decide to ask, is at Mona on Sunday my setup window said 6.72 deg and the adjustment window was 2.7 deg.
When I set the 2.7 deg to 0 deg the camber was still 4.75 deg !

Thank you for the reply, you seem to me to be saying that setup is from the values and not the
Status window. So if you think it needs 2.7 deg of camber you set the values to that and ignore
The car overall live status window. :-/

If you want 2.7 deg when the car is sitting at stock ride height, pick that.

The live camber update will show you when other settings change camber. For example lowering the car (rod length, softer springs) on 90% of cars will increase their camber. It's the amount of camber you'll have when you start driving.

I had always thought that when in the pit lane they were on a theoretical flat bed for set up. Anyway they are not. (they should be)!
Only if they'd spawn the car with an invisible flat surface below it and over the normal track surface, then when you click the driving button the invisible flat surface below the car disappears and it drops on the road. But now coding it in the software is a different thing.

Depending on which suspension design a car manufacturer uses on a given car the actual camber varies when moving through the suspension travel.
The actual camber at the wheel does therefore not stay constant all the way through the travel.

Usually suspension geometry is designed to increase camber gradually as the suspension is loaded and decrease as the body lifts.

This helps to increase tire contact patch area under load when cornering as the outside wheels (highly loaded as the car rolls) increase slightly in camber in the inside wheels (less load) decrease negative camber during roll, also increasing their actual contact patch during the turn.

Additionally (not seen in the setup in Assetto Corsa) many manufacturers design the front suspension system to increase negative camber during front wheel steering turn in, also helping in the same regard (ever wondered about the very extreme negative camber on old Mercedes Benz cars when they are parked with their front wheels turned in and showing massive camber values).

When you set up the camber of a car in Assetto Corsa, use the status window values with the car sitting loaded in the pit to find a certain camber value you aim at, then run a few hot laps, get back to the pits and check your tire temperatures to fine dial the proper camber (don't exceed tire temp differentials across the tire section - usually rule of thumb is not to exceed a differential of ~10º across the tire section, while aiming for a 5-7º differential to find proper camber is usually the best - dial in less camber for endurance type of races, "hotter" camber for sprint races).

Have fun!

Thank you for the reply, you seem to me to be saying that setup is from the values and not the
Status window. So if you think it needs 2.7 deg of camber you set the values to that and ignore
The car overall live status window. :-/

Sort of struggling to understand you here, not sure what you mean with 'values'.

If you want -2.7 deg of camber, adjust the camber slider so the Live Status Window is at -2.7 (though bear in mind, as others have said this will change when you drive).

Whatever value is shown on the adjustment slider is often not even close, so don't worry about what it says there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back