1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which racing seats are you fine folks using ?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Tsfc, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Hi members,

Anyone care to recommend the (GT) seat being used in your rig? Warnings, recommendations, experiences?

Thanks kindly!
  2. ..anyone? Come on, don't be shy, I'm just wondering ! :D
  3. Cobra Daytona still going strong after many years of heavy use. May be cheaper that do the job but this is even more comfortable as for when it was new. Then it was a bit tight for the shoulders :)
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Thanks for your input buddy
  5. Flying Kefran

Flying Kefran
    From Gran Turismo to pCars Premium Member

I have had the first generation of playseat. It was a nice start but lacked rigidity on the steering wheel plate. New ones seem much better.

I also had a gamepod, it was not as stable as I expected but it was already an improvement compared to playseat.

After that, I have had 2 Rseat rigs:
    - Rseat "I don't remenber the name"
    - RS1

The RS1 is significantly better than previous versions. It is very stable.
    The only issue I have had is the pedal plate support when used with Heusinkveld pedals (or other very high end pedals). The plate is OK for more standard pedals (Logitech, Fanatec, TM).

Ideally, I would like to move to a JCL simracing cockpit.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. Cool! Thanks for the input. I'm using 80/20 so I guess similar to some of the jcl stuff?
    I've previously admired the type of rigs/cockpits you used before. They're nice for sur
  7. Since the seat doesn't move in a non-motion rig, there's no need for the racing seat bolsters that help with cornering forces... so, I use a Toyota sedan seat with manual sliders.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Agreed, so long as the seating position is accurately replicated

I don't like motion !
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Devil_Dog

I walk the line.

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. I was just looking at that seat last night mate. Pretty good bang for buck!
  11. @Moxley6969 should rephrase...I prefer solid feedback wheel, good pedals, and correct fox over motion at the moment ($$$)