Which program I can use to obtain CSV data?

D

David125

• David125

Hi there
I got an hi-rate bluetooth GPS (5hz, 10 points per second)

I want to track some circuits near me, but I dont know which software I have to use to have a clear .csv file...

Can you indicate me a software for windows or symbian OS that can produce a .csv file compatible with BTB?

thank you

David

• 42Cliff

what file types can it produce? sounds like you will have fun with that! Update rate has always been the bane of the consumer GPS.

depending on the file type you can produce .. Its Could be very easy to get what you want!

If you can get the data to your PC then you should be ok.
If you can't read the data on your PC try converting it to a different format with

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

Then you should be able to edit it & save as CSV with Excel or I use a free Excel clone called Gnumeric

Edit it to look like the CSV files in the

C:\Program Files\BobsTrackBuilder\Support\GPS folder

• David125

Wich output format I have to select on gps visualizer for edit then with excel?

I use the 5Hz GPS antenna with various software for Symbian S60...

I can have also a .CSV directly on the cellphone, but inside it is different from the ones in the demo folder...

• 42Cliff

once again, what formats does it save in?

or just say the brand and model and I guess I'll figure it out for you.

• 42Cliff

are you saying you are just using a antenna for the phone? you could supply a sample of the data you can acquire, you say it can capture .csv, so it would be helpful if you could provide a sample piece of data for me to look at. also, 5 Hz is 5 samples per second, 10Hz would be 10 samples per second - either one though is far better than the average GPS.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back