Which mod is the best

Hi all i am new to Rfcator and i have downloaded some mods from the RD download section IE DRM Revivla 1000, 2007 s2000, BSTC 1998 and the truck series but i am wondering which is the best mod and which is the eastiest to control for a noobie for this game.
I have got about 10 hours of driving so i am still learning the game and only been online once at the moment.

Thanx Andy

Did you try to go in to Customize>Player and select the series DRM Revival 1.00. That worked for me, sometimes the first time you load a mod rFactor acts kinda weird. Before I did that the cars were loading super slow.

Also I always use the LITE version of rF.

What is LITE version? i've had Rfactor for only three week now.and im new to all this file extracting and transferring. I tried in Customize player, did not work as well. I see the cars on my car list but i see no cars.

My rFactor was a bit chaotic after my first months with it so I did a reinstall yesterday and put that mod in along with the tracks we'll run in the club events. Then I chose the mod while creating player profile. Lite version is a "small" install of rFactor (without the basic content), that you can download from rFactorcentral: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/rfactor_lite.cfm

I like to have the default content so I went with the "big" setup.

What is LITE version? i've had Rfactor for only three week now.and im new to all this file extracting and transferring. I tried in Customize player, did not work as well. I see the cars on my car list but i see no cars.

Essentially it's a version of rFactor that doensn't include any of the original rFactor content. It's just over 100mb and can be installed multiple times for each mod. A lot of mods run better in a LITE version of rFactor as they create their own interface and start screens for example.

Here's a link to ISI where you can download it

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/rfactor_lite.cfm

I'll dig up some other info on it if you like?

Cheers:)

Man the DRM mod is soooo epic! I've fallen in love with rFactor all over again!:)

INcredible! don't know what they did the DRM modding team, but the tyres are so "there" and all the inputs in the steering, they skip and tremble in corners and I can really feel the torq and brakes!:D BIG UP!:doublethumb:

Thanks for the tip guys. I might give Lite a shot. But looks like i have to buy game again right?. Not sure if I want to spend $47.99 U.S though. Reason being when i bought Rfactor last month, I bought it at a London Drugs outlet and they clearanced game at a very low cost of only $4.98.

Hiroshi you can install LITE as many times as you want.:D Just always keep your "full game" you originally installed, never completely uninstall all copies of rFactor. As long as one copy is installed it will always be activated, if you ever have to do a system reinstall and have to erase all installs of rFactor, you'll need to activate it again, but you have 5 activations, so 4 re-activations.

Originally when I bought rF I didn't understand all this and used 4 of my 5 activations doh!:tongue:

Also, make sure you are running version 1255 of rFactor. If you installed from DVD it might be an earlier version, for me version 11xx wreaked havoc on Win7. LITE on the other hand is always 1255. So if you're experiencing problems with mods, check your version first.

Best mod depends on a lot of factors, and there are simply too many great ones to have a clear cut best mod. My personal favorites, though, are the following:

F1 71
WCORR Reloaded
SBS Sprint Cars
CSGT WSC70
FVR VS Supercars
VORRA Buggies

And probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Also, make sure you are running version 1255 of rFactor. If you installed from DVD it might be an earlier version, for me version 11xx wreaked havoc on Win7. LITE on the other hand is always 1255. So if you're experiencing problems with mods, check your version first.
Oh when i went to activate code it was saying code had expired(dvd version,sitting on shelf at store for @3yrs). I had to contact ISI to get a new activation code. When ISI gave me new code, i downloaded V1255 off their site. I have not tried lite yet, I'm back playing Race 07 at the moment.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back