1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Which mod is the best

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Andrew Reed, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Hi all i am new to Rfcator and i have downloaded some mods from the RD download section IE DRM Revivla 1000, 2007 s2000, BSTC 1998 and the truck series but i am wondering which is the best mod and which is the eastiest to control for a noobie for this game.
    I have got about 10 hours of driving so i am still learning the game and only been online once at the moment.

Thanx Andy

2. Welcome Andy :)

I can recommend the Clio Cup, Skoda Octavia Cup, PCCGB 2009, and the Renault Meganes as nice cars to drive and relatively easy to get going in. They can all be downloaded from RD's download section. At the end of the day, there isn't one definitive mod as everyone has a different opinion, and I'm sure you will have your opinion :)

You are more than welcome in taking part in some club events here at RD. All you need to do is apply for a license HERE and a list of events are HERE :)

3. Best mod? For me its the V8 series by Team ORSM, just amazing to drive.

If you want an easy to drive mod then Adam's suggestions are good.

4. If you want to race in RD Club events its important to check which events take place at the times you are likely to participate. For example if you cant make Mondays there is little point in concentrating on V8's etc etc.
    Best mod for me is the F1 1992's run on sunday evenings.

5. Its a matter of what you like there are so many for me

DRM v1.0
    Historix
    V8 (ORSM)
    Endruo
    F1 71 plus the patch
    DTM 2008 -2010
    WTM by Ryan Callan

That's just some of the top of my head that I love to race. Its just a matter of downloading some and see what you like

6. thanx to all for the replys and that has been helpfull and i will look at the license but i will practice a bit more 1st.

Thanx Andy

7. WTM by Ryan Callan
    ORSM V8's
    Vintage Vee's (Dunno why it hasn't been posted yet)
    Chevy Corvette (I'm a Vette fan)
    And many more...

8. DRM 1.0 by far best mod but still no events for this on RD.

9. :fwd:

10. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

For me, the best mod is A1GP 2010. :tongue:

I'll recommend F1WCP 2009, as it looks really nice and is easy to drive. If your looking at closed cars, ..................

11. I'd say it depends on your preferences,... but if the criterium is 'easy to control', I'd say the Suzuki Swift Cup is probably one of the best (not too powerful, front drive, yet realistic since it was betatested by one of the real Cup drivers in Hungary). Similarly, Plickbadger's Spec Miata 1.6 is also very nice and developed by someone who owns the real car.

Also good are HistoriX' TC65 cars (Mini Cooper), Vintage Formula Vee (great fun), Caterhams (lower powered classes), and the Civic 4G Mod is quite nice to start with as well.

12. thanx again for the replay's and at the moment i have got into the World Touring Master's with the Volvo 240 and the DRM v1 with the Ford Capri

13. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

If you like ford capri`s, or just cars of that era, try the Historic GT & Touring Car (Historix) mod. You need to own a copy of GTL to install it, but i think its worth it, as its content is high and of a great standard.

14. You no longer need GTL rFactor central has it on there without the cd thing :)

15. I already own GTL and i do like the game. but what mod are you speaking of for Rfactor??

Thanx Andy

16. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

This one <click here>

17. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

V8 Factor. FVR V8, DTM 2007, Bathurst Legends and I have a few more but have to ask a moderator if i'm allowed to mention the other two mods.

18. Just tried the DRM mod, ran a few laps around Spa in the Porsche 935, man what a car! And I guess the other cars are just as good! This can be easily one of the best mods I ever played! Wow!

19. Yes I saw it! I'm going to join those events!:)