Which is your favourite new F1 car?

Mercedes - because they didn't disfigured the car with that grotesque shark "fin" (or whatever it is called in English).
Edit: I've just noticed how ugly Haas is - this must be the worst looking car in the whole F1 history. Someone should put it out of its misery...

It was first and after that it was only downhill for me.
Sauber.
Sauber is cool, totaly different than last year I just hope they'll get something instead of that "25 years" to replace it with. Although it looks good as it is now. :geek:

I mean... one can't say that Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams and RedBull are ugly cars but there's nothing new so... they really out of contest for me.
Other "notable performances":rolleyes: are Renault, Toro Rosso and Williams.
McLaren, unlike to many, wasn't that great to me.
That orange line that goes over top just... I dunno... maybe it need some time to grow on me. Like some other liveries I guess. That's quite normal. I'm sure when they first showed up "John Player Special" livery on Lotus back there people was like ...meh. :D

Biggest dissapiontments are...
Hass. I mean ...really ?? Lat years livery was worst and most uninspiring in the field for me and they choose to pick up almost the very same this year ? I expect some resignations. :D
And I leave Force India for the end... my God... I'll start a online petition to ban those two who voted for them. :laugh: I bet they are on VM pay list. :alien::p:O_o:

This was the most beautiful f1 car: :):p
1991_Jordan_F1_191_%2803%29.jpg

The Mercedes and the Torro Rosso are the easiest on the eye although I was surprised there have been so many errrmm challenging shapes this year on the cars.

Livery wise, that's slightly more difficult. Almost all of the designs feel "incomplete" for me. Took me a while to realise (as I hadn't seen too many pictures of it) but the Torro Rosso is in the Red Bull Cola can colours, looks good, but again I feel they could have done a bit more with the red down the sides of the car, even if they made it look more ribbon like rather than a slab of red. The blue and silver look great though.

So in no particular order Torro Rosso, Sauber and Williams but none of them are really great.

EDIT (forgot about this one :))
Sauber-C13.jpg

I had hopes that the new regulations somehow would improve the proportions of the cars but looking at that Merc you can't stop thinking "Is that a friggin' bus or a race car?" Why are the modern f1 cars so long?

First Day of testing results are in....

The odd one out (kind of) is Vettel who didn't run the softer tyre. So I assume there's half a second in there if he needs it. Yet again the Mercedes is bullet proof. Nearly 150 laps between the two drivers. I'm afraid McLaren and Red Bull have been beset with problems all day but this is only the first 24 hours.

1 Hamilton
mercedes.jpg
Mercedes 1m21.765s
2 Vettel
ferrari.jpg
Ferrari 1m21.878s
3 Massa
williams.jpg
Williams 1m22.076s
4 Magnussen
haas.jpg
Haas 1m22.894s
5 Ricciardo
redbull.jpg
Red Bull 1m22.926s
6 Bottas
mercedes.jpg
Mercedes 1m23.169s
7 Perez
forceindia.jpg
Force India 1m23.709s
8 Sainz
tororosso.jpg
Toro Rosso 1m24.494s
9 Hulkenberg
renault.jpg
Renault 1m24.784s
10 Alonso
mclaren.jpg
McLaren 1m24.852s
11 Ericsson Sauber 1m26.841s

Sorry, could not vote, they are all looking similar, very average and uninspired, almost like an image of what F1 as come to. I used to be a big fan, going to see races every season, I have not done that in a very long time, not even watching on TV.

kind of unfair posting that sleek schumacher jordan from prototype museum in hamburg. that in a nutshell is sleek car design. all of this year's (and many many years before) entries have been windtunelled to death and unless a rule pops up which forbids anything sticking out ot the genral silhouette of a larger bodypart and which at the same time does away with all the winglets on the front, this will not change. At least the color scheme has brightened up a little if you look at the whole field.
I agree with others here that these cars seem to be unnaturally long with the grotesque v-shaped miniature skylines at the front being hard to beat in sheer uglyness. Someone give us that chrome ferrari front wing from the 70s please ...

For me it's a tie between Ferrari and Mercedes. The unpopular shark fin is the main detractor for me and if Ferrari removed theirs it would easily have my favorite vote. The profile of this years cars is lacking but the wider back tires and lower rear wings at these angles do make the cars look far more fierce than they have in a while in my opinion.
f1-barcelona-pre-season-testing-i-2017-sebastian-vettel-ferrari-sf70h.jpg

Valtteri-Bottas-Mercedes-F1-Test-Barcelona-27-Februar-2017-fotoshowBig-be516520-1009291.jpg

F1 2017 is around the corner, and now all the teams have released their cars, which is your favourite looking?

Lets take a look at them all.

Mercedes AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+
Mercedes are looking to score their 4th consecutive Drivers and Constructors Championships with the catchily named Mercedes AMG F1 W08 EQ Power+. Lewis Hamilton and new team mate Valtteri Bottas are tasked with carrying on the dominance the Brackley-based team have enjoyed for the current Hybrid era.
View attachment 175072

Red Bull RB13
With new regulations focusing a lot more on Aerodynamics than in the previous three seasons, Red Bull will once again be scrutinised as Mercedes' biggest threat. Is the RB13 the car to do it?
Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen are touted as the best driver pairing on the grid, will the car allow them to shine?
View attachment 175479

Ferrari SF70H
Ferrari have not had the greatest of time in recent seasons, with start driver Sebastian Vettel becoming increasingly frustrated with the team for failing to step up their game after an amazing 2015 season.
Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen will once again lead the Italian team.
View attachment 175075

Force India VJM10
Force India had an exemplary 2016 season, with Sergio Perez scoring 2 podiums and the team finishing a record 4th in the constructors championship. Can they carry on the form as the team with the best value for money, in terms of points scored per dollar spent?
Sergio Perez is joined by the well regarded Esteban Ocon for his first full season in F1.
View attachment 175077

Williams FW40
After being the surprise package of the 2014 regulations change, Williams started to struggle towards the end of 2016 as their development slowed. Valtteri Bottas was poached by Mercedes after Nico Rosberg's surprise retirement, so the team managed to coax Felipe Massa out of retirement. 18-year old rookie, and defending European F3 champion, Lance Stroll joins Massa.
View attachment 175480

McLaren MCL32
McLaren have had a turbulent few years as the Honda power-unit hasn't performed as expected. New Boss Zak Brown promised changes, and finally ended the "Orange McLaren" rumours that circulate every year by going orange.
Fernando Alonso returns for another year at the team, and is partnered by Belgian Stoffel Vandoorne, who deputised for Alonso in Bahrain after his horrific crash in Australia.
View attachment 175482

Toro Rosso STR12
Toro Rosso plumped for stability in the team after preferring Daniil Kvyat to reigning GP2 champion Pierre Gasly. Is the STR12 the car to score them a podium for the first time since Italy 2008? Sporting a brand new livery that breaks tradition with the past, how will Toro Rosso fare in 2017?
Carlos Sainz and Daniil Kvyat have another year at the Red Bull junior team.
View attachment 175515

Haas VF-17
Haas were impressive in their debut season, with Romain Grosjean starting very strongly, and the team very quickly seemed like one of the other established teams. After switching all their focus to the VF-17 early in 2016, will they be in the points on a regular basis?
Romain Grosjean keeps his seat after impressing in 2016, while Renault refugee Kevin Magnussen replaces the unimpressive Guttierez.
View attachment 175484

Renault R.S.17

Renault's return to F1 in 2016 was always going to be a disaster, as they were left with an under-developed car which wasn't designed for any specific engine. K-Mag and Palmer did the best they could and scored a few points, but 2017 was always the aim for the team. With an aggressive new look, and a star driver in Nico Hulkenberg, Renault are looking to be at the front of the midfield.
Jolyon Palmer is retained for another year, to be partnered with former Force India driver Nico Hulkenberg.
View attachment 175080

Sauber C36
Sauber were close to the brink of closing in 2016, but new investors and outgoing driver Felipe Nasr's crucial 2 points in Brazil kept them going. Celebrating 25 years in F1, they were the first team to release photos of their car and get some laps driven. Marcus Ericsson is retained, alongside the promising Mercedes junior Pascal Wehrlein.
View attachment 175081

Which car do you think looks best? Comment below and vote in the poll!
I hate all of the paint jobs, except for the Sauber, and the Williams; I think that I might be the only person that likes the fin out of all the F1 fans this year. If it works so well on LMP1 cars, it'll do the same for the open-wheelers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%