Which FFB setting is "self aligning torque" ? The lateral one?

apex11

@Simberia

Still keep fiddling with the settings, I want a strong force when cornering but still want to details ie no clipping.

Still keep fiddling with the settings, I want a strong force when cornering but still want to details ie no clipping.

Theres no setting that i know of for self aligning torque.....for stronger forces when cornering i would raise either lateral or steering force....perferably steering force as raising lateral forces in most games kills the detail and causes clipping.

Oddly I was messing around last night and put the force on front tyres one to 0 and lateral to 30 and steering force to 130 and it still had loads of bumps and road feel but also strengthened up the wheel.
Also went back to 50% steering rack which frees up the wheel a bit more from clipping once you up the steering forces.
Must say i signed up to iRacing last night and i was expecting great tings from FFB but so far as i could find it wasn't IMO as good as raceroom. Its a personal thing but as a guy with AC, AMS ,Project Car,s iRacing, GSCE, GTR 2 i find race room the 'best' for me and what i am looking for from FFB.

I set up Raceroom a few month ago and it feels like AMS and AC but with more details now.
I don't know what setting is the pure steering force but I think it should be "Lateral Force". The understeer effect was plain awful with higher settings than 1-5%!
If you want to try my settings (Logitech G27, so huge deadzone and rattling, thereforce high smoothing and minimal force!), here they are:
RRRE_2017_07_04_11_11_53_308.png RRRE_2017_07_04_11_12_00_299.png

Maybe it helps :)

i'll give them a try, though i feel i have hit upon a good setting now.
Its never been like Project cars where you can get so far off it feels broken, you can always feel at is core raceroom has smart FFB, but once you really dial it in to your preference you feel the rear going under braking in a FWD WTCC, its really quite incredible and I can only guess that out of all the 'sims' raceroom is the one with the least paid shills as it is way under rated IMO.

Yep... definitely! :roflmao:
And while we are mentioning settings like project cars:
In some games you can really put the settings to complete unrealism while Raceroom offers many settings but it's more like mixing the real life into your hands, not mixing some strange cocktail :cautious::thumbsup:

i'll give them a try, though i feel i have hit upon a good setting now.
Its never been like Project cars where you can get so far off it feels broken, you can always feel at is core raceroom has smart FFB, but once you really dial it in to your preference you feel the rear going under braking in a FWD WTCC, its really quite incredible and I can only guess that out of all the 'sims' raceroom is the one with the least paid shills as it is way under rated IMO.

It would be even more popular (at least in this realm) if the FFB wasn't so fiddly to set-up. I am still struggling to get it set optimally and I am someone who has been fiddling with rFactor, rFactor 2 and Realfeel for 10 years. AMS works perfectly out of the box on my CSW. R3E feels like complete crap out of the box on my CSW. I now have it about 80% as good as AMS, but it is very difficult to know if that last 20% is just settings or something fundamental that won't ever arrive.

Yeah the biggest problem in R3E is that you don't have a proper explanation for the settings so you need to search forums or experiment for a few hours...
But if you wanna see how complicated a sim-ffb-tweaking can get, I invite you to have a look at my AC Guide :roflmao: (don't read it, just scroll over it all and be thankful you like the other sims more):laugh:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/guide-for-g27-and-other-wheels-configuration.134490/

LOL. Where are the instructions or better yet the answers to what are the optimal settings for a Fanatec CSW if you want pure (no canned effects, no non-linearity, etc.) FFB in R3E? I have never found any.

And I feel for you, because most sims work better for a Fanatec out of the box than a Logi G. I know, that was my wheel before I got the CSW.

[...] Where are the instructions or better yet the answers to what are the optimal settings for a Fanatec CSW if you want pure (no canned effects, no non-linearity, etc.) FFB in R3E? [...]
Well for me R3E is a bit different than the other sims. There are no real "pure" and "canned" effects. It's more like a mix of both and you decide how you want to have it. It's what makes R3E's FFB so special and many like it. I like it too!
I think you just have to experiment until it feels for you like you imagine the real life :(
I took AC and AMS to compare R3E to it and after getting more or less the same feeling in all three I stayed with it. Did slight changes here and there from time to time but R3E is the most detailed FFB in my opinion. If you want to try it your self just create a new profile and dial in my settings from above but with minium force to zero (or what feels good on your Fanatec of course). The rest shouldn't differ from wheel to wheel...:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%